Strange Starting problem on 06 VRS

RADIOTWO

Hi And thanks for reading this:

as title, some times first thing in a morning (first turn of the key) the engine won't turn over, starts ok on a jump start, and even if once the engine has started will start no problem after.

I have checked the battery and all seems ok 12.7 Volts after abeing stood for about 1 hr, and getting 14.2 volts out of the Alternator and had a drop test on the battery, and no signficant drop in voltage after two mins of load, admitting I think the battery is oraganal so going on for 5years old, but only done 26K miles

It feels as if the engine is stuck till it gets a bit extra kick of voltage.

Any ideas please ?

Radiotwo

Check and clean battery terminals and cables. Check battery negative lead to inner wing is secure and not more than 0.1 Ohms resistance. Also check starter solenoid drive wire, might be about to break at the plug (wires are too short and stress fail over time.)

Check and clean battery terminals and cables. Check battery negative lead to inner wing is secure and not more than 0.1 Ohms resistance. Also check starter solenoid drive wire, might be about to break at the plug (wires are too short and stress fail over time.)

Hi MoggyTech and sorry for the delay getting back.

I have checked out the connections as you suggest, and all are good, but as I said in the first post it seems as if the engine is sized (my words if you know what I mean) but once started the car runs fine and no issues, but once in a blue moon the we come to start it and just as if the engine is not (won't) turn(ing)

I have just put the drop tester on and checked it a few times, so you would think it might pull the battery down, but the engine started without a problem, (admmiting the engine was warmish)

It could be the battery, but just wondering if a enging problem is causing this ?

Radiotwo