1.8Tsi Low oil pressure warning again

Another spurious low oil pressure warning.

This also happened in the summer and the dealer advised I have the car recovered from Wales which I did. On investigation their was not even a fault logged.

Coming into work this morning the car was just pulling itself along on the flat in first gear. It was not labouring.

I had a warning chime followed by a low oil pressure warning do not exceed 4000rpm on the maxidot. This was then followed by an oil temp warning even though the oil temp was only 70 degrees at the time.

The oil pressure warning did not repeat but the oil temp flashed half a dozen times before going off.

Cars at the dealers on Friday so I’ll mention it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another spurious low oil pressure warning.

This also happened in the summer and the dealer advised I have the car recovered from Wales which I did. On investigation their was not even a fault logged.

Coming into work this morning the car was just pulling itself along on the flat in first gear. It was not labouring.

I had a warning chime followed by a low oil pressure warning do not exceed 4000rpm on the maxidot. This was then followed by an oil temp warning even though the oil temp was only 70 degrees at the time.

The oil pressure warning did not repeat but the oil temp flashed half a dozen times before going off.

Cars at the dealers on Friday so I’ll mention it again.

I had this last night, 45 minutes into a journey. Managed ti find a VW garage assuming I must be low on oil and I had left the top up at home in the garage. Went to check the oil and there was plenty in. Then drove another 2 hours with no problems except more snow :-)

Andy

Probably no connection but my daughter had this on an old Metro years ago and it was just the sensor.

One local garage quoted her about £500 for whatever they thought was wrong but our local hole-in-the-wall mechanic got a new sensor for £4.

• 1 month later...

Yeah It's done it once more. Dealer never finds anything wrong. Usually happens at low revs then goes away after a few seconds. Jusr keeping an eye on it.

i have posted a few times about this. mine did same it was the oil level sensor on underside engine. 45 pound temp sensor, 25 pound oil. and poss new filter if its nearlly time for a change. might as well its the cheapest thing out the 3.