Wales meet

BusyBeingBorn

Just woundering if anybody is up for a meet soon as it seems like not many or no meets happen in the wales area?

Open to ideas on days/ times/ locations etc....

Was maybe thinking a meet and run up brecon one weekend?

Would be good to seee a load of skoda owners together the same time in one place :D

Anyone interested?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't proposing meeting yesterday just suggesting a Sunday afternoon sometime.

Cat D is no big deal as long you're paying well under market value. Insurance companies are writing off cars as Cat D that a few years ago would have been repaired. There are real bargains to be had buying Cat D's as long as you know exactly why the car was written off as beyond economical repair.

Sorry kind of misread youre post !!!

I wouldn't mind a Cat D if I knew the history and possibly even did the work (or some of it) myself.

Trouble is when someone states " No its never been crashed" over the phone, then when you get there its a like a two year old fixed it, ( hazy paint dogdy gaps condensation in the lights etc) then it's a PITA, especially when I travelled 50 miles for the pleasure of being lied too.

Just thought here but how about an evening meet maybe ??? As mine and maybe others weekends seem to be tied up with shopping and other mundane tasks :no:

Sorry kind of misread youre post !!!

I wouldn't mind a Cat D if I knew the history and possibly even did the work (or some of it) myself.

Trouble is when someone states " No its never been crashed" over the phone, then when you get there its a like a two year old fixed it, ( hazy paint dogdy gaps condensation in the lights etc) then it's a PITA, especially when I travelled 50 miles for the pleasure of being lied too.

Just thought here but how about an evening meet maybe ??? As mine and maybe others weekends seem to be tied up with shopping and other mundane tasks :no:

I know exactly what you mean. I travelled up to Birmingham a few months ago to see what the seller described as an "immaculate" Polo GTi, & it was an absolute wreck :punch:

I'm fine with an evening meet.

Mmm its nice to see some life in here for a change,

I am buggered tho as I work nights and weekends!

Also my car needs a Lot of TLC before any meets as she is a bit neglected atm.

Good luck with it tho guys, bit of a trec but a good meet is the WSM one that Tigger sorts out jus over the bridge. Awesome crowed at that one and a very good day out.

Billy

• 1 month later...