BlackBerry Torch and GSMiii

Hi All,

I got myself a blackberry torch a month or so ago, as it has SAP bluetooth, and it paired to the car... once... and once only!

I fondled with it for a few weeks, and last wednesday, it connected, and has worked every day since, until last night, where it refused to connect... so i'm now back to where i started, what the hell is going on?! Nothings changed, phones never been turned off, no settings changed, and i'm now stumped, once again!

Any ideas?

Thanks, Al.

I had this with my Nokia 5800 Vodafone kept saying that it was the car, but it was discovered that the bluetooth rsap was not working correclty. Vodafone replaced my phone with a Nokia E71 and everthing is ok now. Phones connects as soon as I either start the car or come within 10 feet of the car.

I've had the same problem, but found that after doing a reset by taking the battery out for a few seconds it seemed to work again. Since doing this a couple of weeks ago I've had no trouble connecting.

How do you find the Torch? As my first BB and a replacement to an iPhone I have so say that I quite like it so far.

Andy

I've had the same problem, but found that after doing a reset by taking the battery out for a few seconds it seemed to work again. Since doing this a couple of weeks ago I've had no trouble connecting.

How do you find the Torch? As my first BB and a replacement to an iPhone I have so say that I quite like it so far.

Andy

Same problem with a Curve 8520 - and the same fix.

I've found it also helps to have a spare SAP phone (an old Nokia 6210) to connect as this allows you access to delete phone profiles (you cant get to the required menu unless a phone is connected!!!)

• 1 month later...

Every time I link my Blackberry torch with the PC to synchronise with my diary and contacts my Skoda superb won’t link.

My solution is to delete the Skoda rSAP profile in the phone, remove the battery to reboot the phone (if I don’t reboot the car finds the old settings )

I then have to reinsert the code from the car into the phone, the car links and doesn’t reload the contacts list.

A pain, but at least the system works.

Roger

Gents

As a long standin BB user, I use a nice utility called "quickpull".

It resets the phone without haveing all the faff of taking the battery out, and losing some settings.

Google "Blackberry Quickpull"

Cheers

Chough