Poorly Car - Flashing Coil light

Hi, My Octavia has decided it's time to break. My Particle filter light came on Sunday but because of the snow I Havnt had a chance to drive it anywhere.

On my way back from work today the Coil light started to flash and the car went into limp mode. Any ideas?

Edited by Sparki

Hi, My Octavia has decided it's time to break. My Particle filter light came on Sunday but because of the snow I Havnt had a chance to drive it anywhere.

On my way back from work today the Coilover light started to flash and the car went into limp mode. Any ideas?

that's not good, do you have access to VAGCOM?

Sorry, bad news, if you have two lights on together (particulate and coil light) then it requires a dealer visit.

See below, this is taken directly from a recent leaflet on display in a Skoda retailer designed to be shown to prospective buyers of DPF equipped cars:

What should I do if the DPF warning light comes on?

When the light shown illuminates, it means the vehicle needs help to carry out DPF regeneration. The procedure involves the vehicle being driven in a certain way to help increase the exhaust temperature. Drive continuously for about 10-15 minutes at a speed of at least 23 mph whilst maintaining an engine speed of 700 rpm or above. Higher engine speeds are perfectly acceptable where conditions allow. If the conditions described are not met and the DPF warning light does not switch off, the level of soot in the DPF will continue to increase. This will increase to a certain level, where two warning lights will appear together.

What happens if two or more warning lights come on together?

If two or more lights come on together, the DPF regeneration can only be carried out at a Skoda retailer or by Skoda Assistance. It is recommended that the vehicle is driven straight to a Skoda retailer or that you contact Skoda Assistance. Failure to adhere to this recommendation may result in reduced engine power followed by the DPF becoming blocked. If the DPF becomes blocked to the point where it cannot run through the regeneration process, the DPF will need to be replaced.

I'm having similar issues, last night I drove from Leeds to Kendal via the motorways, the engine was running badly but I kept 70 up a the way. 20 miles from kendal a d the dpf Livy has come on. Is it the cold temperatures outside that stopped the exhaust getting hot enough I wonder? 70mph in -2C is one he'll of a wind chill. I now have to try and clear the dpf while driving around the lakes on snow! Not gunna be easy!

I was led to believe that the DPF is in the Engine bay, near the Exaust Manifold there for it should still get hot as it's not under the car exposed to the cold conditions

Bet I'm wrong!!

I took my car to Unit 18 Automotive. They took it out on the road with vagcom attached and cleared it. All running well now.

I was led to believe that the DPF is in the Engine bay, near the Exaust Manifold there for it should still get hot as it's not under the car exposed to the cold conditions

Bet I'm wrong!!

Your not wrong ;)