Evaluation of a Scout for Met Police

Would this whilst searching for axle weights for the facelift Scout - quite interesting. Starts on p42 of the document. Reported 0-60 time looks slow until you see the car was loaded to maximum payload (driver, co-driver, 200kg in rear seats, 200kg in the boot)!

http://www.skoda.co.uk/PDF/emergency-services-report.pdf

An interesting read, however I'm slightly concerned that that document has been put in the public domain by skoda.

Why, we paid for it?

I can't see anything sensitive that would put operational officers at risk.

Best regards

David

It doesn't matter, its marked RESTRICTED and a no to publication scheme

Yes the 'restricted' is quite obvious, but my original question still stands as I cannot see anything overtly sensitive about the report other than a manufacturer potentially getting upset if the report is critical of the vehicles.

I suspect 'restricted' and 'no publication' is applied to everything as a matter of course and consequently is meaningless with regard to the relative sensitivity of the content.

Best regards

David

Yes the 'restricted' is quite obvious, but my original question still stands as I cannot see anything overtly sensitive about the report other than a manufacturer potentially getting upset if the report is critical of the vehicles.

I suspect 'restricted' and 'no publication' is applied to everything as a matter of course and consequently is meaningless with regard to the relative sensitivity of the content.

Best regards

David

No its not, without going into the finer details of the GPMS and Freedom of Information act, documents are protectively marked for a reason, be it operational security, personal data or commercial data

They've just started using Scouts as emergency response vehicles in the ambulance service here in the South West - the drivers love them apparently.....

We asked for them to replace the focus estates that we currently run for rapid response cars, but they have been knocked back until atleast next year. Due to the weight of the kit in the boot any fwd would struggle, hence asking for Scouts.

Edited by P20

Perhaps the display of information regarding performance could be exploited by criminals, I would think top speed and acceleration would greatly affect response times, thus making a bit less of guesswork into timing of a 'big hit'. Maybe having the specs of a loaded car would influence a potential getaway car, its only got to be slightly faster acceleration and top end to make it redundant as a pursuit or response vehicle. Or it just could be the fact it has driver names and signatures on.

All guesswork of course, its not like they are going to publish why its restricted. :giggle:

Interesting reading though.

Edited by Rhoobarb