Weird rubber stuff on door

I've noticed quite a few octavias recently that have a bubbling type effect on the top of the inside of the drivers door. It looks like the rubber stuff has come away from the door in one area and creates a bump.

Has anyone else seen this?

Do you mean just below the window line?

If so it's a common problem for those who drive round with their elbows on the window sill.

The spongy material that creates the 'soft touch' wears over time and ripples underneath the top lining which causes the effect you describe.

Take a look at any high mileage Octavia taxi or police car and you'll likely see it.

Do you mean just below the window line?

If so it's a common problem for those who drive round with their elbows on the window sill.

The spongy material that creates the 'soft touch' wears over time and ripples underneath the top lining which causes the effect you describe.

Take a look at any high mileage Octavia taxi or police car and you'll likely see it.

Yep, that's what I'm referring to.

If this does happen, is there any way to fix it?

The Dealer should replace under warranty too . I had to get mine's replaced under warranty

Depends, there's subsections on warranties that have clauses in for trim and such other parts.. and It may not be "fair wear and tear" on their count.

Mine has this too, strange as dstev2000's did as well :giggle:

Edited by RiceNik

Depends, there's subsections on warranties that have clauses in for trim and such other parts.. and It may not be "fair wear and tear" on their count.

Mine has this too, strange as dstev2000's did as well :giggle:

Funny that, eh?

My boney elbow is to blame i'm afraid.

I enquired about getting it replaced under warranty but I was told to bounce.

I've noticed quite a few octavias recently that have a bubbling type effect on the top of the inside of the drivers door. It looks like the rubber stuff has come away from the door in one area and creates a bump.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, normally down to kerb crawling.

I doubt if I could get near the door capping with my elbow. Must be some differently proportioned Skodaistis about.

I'm 6'2" and have the seat in the lowest position.