Better pads and discs.

flipster

Good morning all, I hope the snow and ice isn't bringing too much misery.

My pads and discs are in need of renewal, I'm not sure I want to go to the expense of the 312mm kit but have you got any suggestions about better pads and discs. Drilled/Grooved or otherwise.

Cheers.

Flip.

Drilled and groved disks will go through pads alot faster that standard but I don't know how effective they are. Personally I didn't notice much difference with brake fade etc. Yellow stuff pads are very good though. The police use them on their skodas

Completely different car but I put EBC Redstuff pads and "Turbo" disks all round on my last car (ST170) and they were unbelievably good. genuinely hurt when I stamped on the brakes, and it was only a third more expensive than getting new standard parts

When I had my last car I was advised to get Pagid's pads and keep with standard discs. Although they were expensive they had great stopping power, and no noise from the grooved discs. I have also seen images where drilled discs have cracked between the holes.

When I had my last car I was advised to get Pagid's pads and keep with standard discs. Although they were expensive they had great stopping power, and no noise from the grooved discs. I have also seen images where drilled discs have cracked between the holes.

Pagid disks and pads get my vote (OEM fit to alot of VAG stuff).

Lewwy