Another new(ish) member...

vRS-Ric

Hey all...

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say 'Hi' to everyone now that I've finished lurking :)

I'm Ric, from the North East of England, and bought my first Skoda at the weekend. I bought a shiney new Fabia vRS - should get it later this week, all being well (fingers crossed - multilock fit and insurance cover note pending!).

I've been lurking for about 8 months, when I first started to consider the fabia. Finally got round to buying one, and making a few posts, so I thought I might as well put something in here too.

Ric.

Welcome Ric' date='

Hope the fabbie lives up to your expectations - though I'm sure it will :D[/quote']

Thanks Jane... I'm sure it will from the sorts of stories coming from the forums. I took it on three test drives, the last one for around an hour. Was thoroughly impressed - was just poles apart from the others I tested.

Can't wait!! :)

Ric

Nope Benfield motors (newcastle right just over the tyne bridge off the 167??) was were I had my demonstrator from the only reason they never got the order was D M Kieth of leeds secured me a brand new silver with extended warranty for 11.5K on the road. The best benfield could come up with was 11666. But gary there was a nice chap and their demonstator (black in color) was nice and fresh, only had 32 miles on when I borrowed it and had around 130 when I gave it back :D

But gary there was a nice chap and their demonstator (black in color) was nice and fresh, only had 32 miles on when I borrowed it and had around 130 when I gave it back :D

Yeah, Gary is a top top bloke - he was the salesman who dealt with me too, and he's a rare breed in the motor trade - genuine guy.

Sounds like we tested the same ol demonstrator then :) My first test drives there were about 8 months ago, in a silver one which they sold on. Interestingly, they have had about 6 used vRS's in, all 11500 with between 5-10K on the clock and 6-10 months old - all one registered owner: Skoda. They just refuse to say anything other than 'Skoda owned them' - won't budge with who, what for, where, etc etc. Could have been thrashed round a track on Top Gear for all we know!

Anyway, with the used prices so high I figured new was better value so plumped for a new red one.

Ric

Probably some of the longterm test cars that some of the motoring press have.

is there a red one among them?

if so that could be the one that Autocar used for 6 months,just a thought.

i know that alot of people will probably think that they could have been rentals but Europcar who are the main users as they are owned by VAG they have never had any Fabia vRS's or Octavia vRS's.

Yeah' date=' Gary is a top top bloke - he was the salesman who dealt with me too, and he's a rare breed in the motor trade - genuine guy.

Sounds like we tested the same ol demonstrator then :) My first test drives there were about 8 months ago, in a silver one which they sold on. Interestingly, they have had about 6 used vRS's in, all 11500 with between 5-10K on the clock and 6-10 months old - all one registered owner: Skoda. They just refuse to say anything other than 'Skoda owned them' - won't budge with who, what for, where, etc etc. Could have been thrashed round a track on Top Gear for all we know!

Anyway, with the used prices so high I figured new was better value so plumped for a new red one.

Ric[/quote']

Just goes to show the difference a person's mood makes.

Gary has lost himself two sales to me and my mate (WhoNeedsQuattro), as he really couldn't be bothered.

First time I went in he was nice as pie, took a very short drive in an Octy, and I left with the words 'I'll be back at the weekend to buy a car'.

Went back in with SWMBO on the Saturday and Gary and his cronies were all far too busy watching the football to even be bothered to give us the time of day. After hanging around expectantly for ten minutes, then approaching and making myself even more known than the loud conversation I'd had with the missus could have done, and getting rudely blanked, I gave up and went somewhere else.

Pretty much the same story when me and WNQ went back in a month or two later.

There's no such thing as a genuine car dealer. They're all the same.

Went back in with SWMBO on the Saturday and Gary and his cronies were all far too busy watching the football to even be bothered to give us the time of day. After hanging around expectantly for ten minutes, then approaching and making myself even more known than the loud conversation I'd had with the missus could have done, and getting rudely blanked, I gave up and went somewhere else.

:eek: Bad show that like! Honestly wouldn't have expected that - everytime I've been in over recent months, he's been great.

I mentioned Briskoda.net on my last test drive, and he hadn't heard of it... hopefully he might log on... if he see's disgruntled customers, hopefully he'll take heed!

Where did you end up going?

Well if anybody is after a good deal (you have to bust the guys balls but he comes good inthe end) you can do worse than talk to mark at DM kieth in leeds. My company has bought 6 octavias fromthem and now the RS. Gave all the other dealers between newcastle and manchester the chance of the business and they have come up trumps every time. Aftersales service is spot on also.