Diesel Particle Filter, Exhaust Control System and Glow Plug Lights

When driving around north wales after about 50miles the DPF light came on so as per the manual I gave the engine a blast, this had no effect. Then the Control System for Exhaust light came on, followed by the Glow Plug light flashing. The car then went into "limp" mode and would not go above 3000rpm

It will be going to a dealer early next week as its due a service. But has anyone come across this and can you give me an idea of how much its gonna hurt my pocket to sort?? :'(

Depends on how blocked the filter is. When the car goes into limp home the only way to clear it is a trip to the dealers where they will do a forced regen on the filter. If it's above the 95% (or there abouts) mark then the filter can not be unblocked. That will cost about £1500 +. I'd keep the miles to a minimum if I were you as the filter will keep getting filled with soot and it cannot sort itself out. If it's just come on and you get the car in quick it should quickly be fixed at low cost. You don't mention what age the car is? If it hasn't been done already ask the garage if it's had the 26e6 MAP and the upgraded O2 pressure sensor fitted. this was a no cost campaign from skoda to hopefully stop this happening. As you can see from my sig it didn't work on my car and I got the bloody thing removed. Good luck :thumbup:

Depends on how blocked the filter is. When the car goes into limp home the only way to clear it is a trip to the dealers where they will do a forced regen on the filter. If it's above the 95% (or there abouts) mark then the filter can not be unblocked. That will cost about £1500 +. I'd keep the miles to a minimum if I were you as the filter will keep getting filled with soot and it cannot sort itself out. If it's just come on and you get the car in quick it should quickly be fixed at low cost. You don't mention what age the car is? If it hasn't been done already ask the garage if it's had the 26e6 MAP and the upgraded O2 pressure sensor fitted. this was a no cost campaign from skoda to hopefully stop this happening. As you can see from my sig it didn't work on my car and I got the bloody thing removed. Good luck :thumbup:

I drove mine all the way from luton to carlise with the 3 lights on and it was only 57% blocked after 300 miles in limp home mode

So am utterly baffled as to how anyone would get it 95% blocked

It was given a forced regen by the RAC man and has been fine since

Car's a 57 plate and just out of warranty, it has been back in for the sensor issue before which was all dealt with under warranty

The DPF is a consumable part, so in or out of warranty if it needs replacing then its paid for by the customer.

If the DPF is beyond use it maybe worth investigating one of several DPF off remaps where the DPF is removed alltogether. The cost of the remap and DPF removal should work out cheaper than replacing the DPF, with the added benefit that the filter wont clog up again because you dont have one.

I drove mine all the way from luton to carlise with the 3 lights on and it was only 57% blocked after 300 miles in limp home mode

So am utterly baffled as to how anyone would get it 95% blocked

It was given a forced regen by the RAC man and has been fine since

Mine was 54% on the Weds back in January, and 100% when I dropped it back on the Monday, after it went onto limp-home on the Saturday. 4 Days of toing and froing between dealer and Skoda Oz I had the car back, and it only takes a 10 minute run mostly over 2000rpm to complete a regen.....had to force it 3 times since January Edited by Inego