Anyone tried to access the front towing eye on an Octavia

Before I get that blinking panel to "pop" out

This after reading the manual and ascertaining it was the panel i thought it had to be on the hill, but failed to get to move.

I tried again this afternoon, perhaps I merely need more Spinach?, Or a prybar.

Gerr

I am tempted to fit the bugger and leave it fitted.FOR EVER

Edited by dieseldogg

There is a knack to it, you need to squeeze the top and bottom together in order to remove it, either on the left edge or the right edge depending on which side its on.

Before I get that blinking panel to "pop" out

This after reading the manual and ascertaining it was the panel i thought it had to be on the hill, but failed to get to move.

I tried again this afternoon, perhaps I merely need more Spinach?, Or a prybar.

Gerr

I am tempted to fit the bugger and leave it fitted.FOR EVER

Stuck? Needing towed? Should've tried second gear..... :p :rofl::rofl:

Thanks dstrev200 & wavey davey gravey, nice to know it wisnay jist me

Sniff!!

As I referred to earlier I having almost made it to the top of a hill, and made it no furthur :giggle: then "lost" :'( her whilst very gingerly attempting to reverse back to the bottom, & seeing as it is somewhere between 1:7 & possibly 1:5 and was solid covered with compacted snow turning to ice it does not bother me in the slightest to admit this, hopefully i will get a go at it in similar conditions when I have the Hankook winter tyres fitted. :rofl:

;) Bring it on. ;)

PS

Iffen it hadda been the ould Galaxy I would have stuffed her rear into the hedge and then spun the FWD nose sideways down the hill, and drove off, (in a kind of slow motion J turn) done it before, simples, ..................when not toooo worried about a bit of cosmetic damage.

But the bloody Octavia is only 3 months old( and Senior Managment was present )

And double erm

I feel an angle grinder coming on, only a wee 4.5" one mind ;)

i like smilies & indeed similies similarily

Edited by dieseldogg

Those covers are absolute crud!

I wanted to change my fog light bulbs so you to remove both covers, I read the manual and I tried to remove them by the book.

Ended up breaking the one that also covers the towing eye but on both of them when I looked at the clips after removing them they had turned white under the pressure of removing them.

My local dealer agreed that they are a pig to remove and they end replacing the cover 90% of time as it breaks.

Good job they are only a few quid to replace.

BIG Nick :)