2 year fixed servicing ofter - worth the money?

Hi,

I have an 08 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Elegance Estate with variable length servicing and ~16,000 miles on clock. My local dealer has sent me an offer valid until December 31st 2010.

The offer is Servicing for 2 years or 20,000 miles for £299 fixed cost.

Including:

1 x Oil Change at 10,000 miles or 12 months

1 x Inspection Service at 20,0000 or 24 months

1 x Dust and pollen filter at 24 months

1 x Brake fluid change at 24 months

1 x Fuel filter

1 x Air Filter

£100 voucher for Skoda Accessories.

If my car was on fixed intervals I think this would be a lot easier to work out if this was worthwhile. Has anyone else seen this type of offer and does it appear to be good value?

Thanks

Martin

Yes - i got this through DM Keith in Bradford. Wasnt sure as it initially didnt have the vouchers when first advertised.

I'm on fixed service intervals and its just about paid for itself on the 20k service + brake fluid change.

£100 voucher cards are linked to the reg of the car. Half price MOT's also listed as a benefit too when i bought.

Cheers,

Ste. :thumbup:

Sadly, my local dealer doesnt offer anything comparable to this offer. :( Ive had the first service and got an estimate of £220 for the second one. If I could cover the second and the third with this offer Id be laughing!

As a comparison: Volkswagen offer a fixed price menu for their servicing (available here)

What Skoda is offering would cost you 397 pounds for two services and break fluid change from VW.

So it seems like a good deal. Especially with 100 in vouchers.