Is yours stiff?

Doing a fair few of these at the moment so here is a little information.

The centre console houses for the want of a better phrase a roller shutter that goes around the handbrake lever. What appears to be happening is the shutter comes out of the guide at the side and jams the lever up.

A picture speaks a thousand words so whilst doing one I took some pics,

6253fd4d.jpg

Centre console and new shutter

4e380890.jpg

View of the underside

27c178bf.jpg

What happens to make them jam up

The new part is less than a tenner (plus VAT) and part number is 1Z0 713 187 9B9

Many thanks - that's really helpful. Mine went like that - courtesy of the burglars who stole the car (subsequently recovered). I had it serviced last week, and Jewsons have ordered a part, probably the one you mention. But I'll take a copy of this to them in case it helps.

There's been a couple of threads about this problem recently.

Mine was done a couple of weeks ago under warranty. Could it be the cold weather making the plastic stiff?

Mine has actually concertinaed effectively making it 2 to 3 times thicker than it should be and jamming in the rail. The silicon spray has allowed it slide in the rail without jamming, hence providing a temporary solution. After re-reading the first post, it seems mine is a different problem to the one described (plus my work internet access won't let me see the pics). Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info - mine started clicking over the last couple of days I think because of the cold reducing it's flexibility and seems to be starting to pop off the runners at the base.

Any more info on the screw locations for removing the centre console so I can grease it up and file as suggested?

Ta