Insurance on a vRS for a young driver....

Neo_Vrs

Hi guys,

I'm 19 been driving on my mums insurance as a named driver for 2 years with no problems. Finally have enough money to purchase a Fabia vRS and have placed an order for march :D .

The major stumbling block now is insurance, the cheapest I've got is

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, tough one this. When I was 19 (6 years ago) I had a modified 205GTi 1.9 and I paid about 900 TPFT. However I also has 2 years ncb and a pass plus to my name.

Best bet is to get a quote from the insurance company you were under when driving your Mum's car, as you would have been a named driver. This way they can see that although you were driving under your Mums policy, you effectively have 2 years ncb with them and they may honour this.

Let us know how you get on!

Thats a good idea VRS_AML, thanks for that!

I also have pass plus too, but not every insurance company considers this.

I dont want to get another car though, when I started driving I made a promise to myself to save up enough to get the car I wanted and thats wot I've done, I don't want to have second best if you know what I mean after saving up all this time.

I dont want to get another car though, when I started driving I made a promise to myself to save up enough to get the car I wanted and thats wot I've done, I don't want to have second best if you know what I mean after saving up all this time.

But if you can't afford to insure it, then you can't afford the car...TBH I'm a bit surprised you placed the order before finding out any insurance quotes!

What sort of quote did Norwich Union Direct give you?

Rob.

I've replied to your PM by the way.

I'm 19 and was in a similar position to you when looking for a new car and insurance that won't kill my bank balance. I've been driving 2 years and as you have previously was insured under my mum. I decided I'd go on my own to start building up my no claims and after shopping around I finally got insured on my vRS for

Hi guys,

I'm 19 been driving on my mums insurance as a named driver for 2 years with no problems. Finally have enough money to purchase a Fabia vRS and have placed an order for march :D .

The major stumbling block now is insurance, the cheapest I've got is

• 3 weeks later...