Car pulling to the right

Hi,

After a trip to the dealers for a new A.B.S. control unit last friday my vRS now has a pull to the right. For 40000 miles it has driven straight and true and so is now very annoying.

I have had the car's tracking checked with a full report and this is fine.

Tyre pressures are all correct.

Dealer had a quick look this afternoon and cant see anything obvious also rotated the tyres corner to corner and checked non of the brakes were binding.

The car is due back at the dealers on wednesday for a full check up but I was wondering if anyone else has had this occuring. Any ideas????????

Yet again I am overwhelmed by your responses to a genuine problem by one of your members, should have asked what colour I should paint the bottom of my car I'd have had hundreds of replys by now !!!!!!

Yet again I am overwhelmed by your responses to a genuine problem by one of your members, should have asked what colour I should paint the bottom of my car I'd have had hundreds of replys by now !!!!!!

If the dealer has rotated the tyres, this could be the root of your issue. Rear tyres are notorious for odd wear patterns and even front tyres can wear different from each other. I would put them back where they were originally and see what you get.

Sorry mate, but your attitude won't help you get a response.

You seem to have answered most of the likely questions yourself. You are getting the dealer to look at it. You can paint your bottom any colour you want. We don't mind............. :rofl::rofl:

Genuinely thanks for your replies.

Sorry if I've offended anyone but I've asked for help before without any replies back, a bit of "prompting" this time to a "boring thread" seems to have got some results.

I'll have to see what the dealer says tomorrow but to be fair I hav'nt much faith in them after they gave me the car back originally with the ABS unit incorrectly fitted causing 3 wheels to "anti-lock" and one to "lock up" under heavy braking, this was only noticed when I took it back after the weekend and suggested something was wrong.

As for the bottom of the car, I've yet to deceide :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you mentioned that the dealer fitted the ABS unit incorrectly causing wheel lockup. The same happens to me when the ABS unit was replace under warrant on my 2010 vrs. You might find my topic interesting. I'm still persuing a settlement with SUK/dealer after putting my safety at risk (neally went in the back of a bus).

Cheers,

Shaun.