Soon time for a new clutch I think...

Matt C

Hey guys & girls,

Some advise please...

Has anyone used one of these clutch kits before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-GTI-1-8T-Octavia-VRS-Upgrade-Clutch-Kit-5-speed-/220553423326?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335a0229de

The kit seems quite good in reading, but would be nice to know if anyone has used one, how was it?

After a recent run out with 4 people in the car, i noticed some clutch slip when going up the slip road on to the motor way.

As the car has only done 42k, and with one previous elderly owner, I'm kind of putting it down to him driving with his foot on the clutch, letting it ride.

Your thoughts please... :yes:

Cheers

Matt

Good kits:thumbup:

I have 1 that will be fitted next year.

You can save little by going for the slightly heavier standard G60 flywheel compared to the ECS 1 which weighs a few lb's less.

Bodge Guide

The above link is worth reading.

Guest westallc

yep no need to pay that sort of price imo

buy the g60flywheel and vr6 clutch about £200 and is as good as the one from awesome

you will not notice 2lb of weight difference in the flywheel

Mine has this kit fitted. Very good, light in operation, no problem with the extra power and 4x4. When the clutch eventually dies, no doubt to helped by the quick get aways I occassionally perform at when at standstill at busy roundabouts, I'll be fitting the LUK item as per Bodge's guide. :thumbup: