Skoda Agent around Porto, Portugal or Santander, Spain

Hi All,

I will be taking my year old Skoda Octavia Elegance Tdi out to Portugal when we migrate around next March. Because of that I need to purchase a new set of Headlights for driving on the wrong side of the road. :giggle:

I will be going over in January for a couple of months in another vehicle, so could anyone point me in the right direction to find a Skoda Agent/Outlet in or around Porto, Portugal or Santander, Spain, (That’s where I catch the boat to the UK) then I could have the headlights fitted in the UK ready for the migration.

Lastly, anyone know how easy/hard it is to get both rear fog lights to operate or to change which one illuminates. I haven’t got the advance onboard computer thingy :(

Many thanks in anticipation, RoystonB

Hi All,

I will be taking my year old Skoda Octavia Elegance Tdi out to Portugal when we migrate around next March. Because of that I need to purchase a new set of Headlights for driving on the wrong side of the road. :giggle:

I will be going over in January for a couple of months in another vehicle, so could anyone point me in the right direction to find a Skoda Agent/Outlet in or around Porto, Portugal or Santander, Spain, (That’s where I catch the boat to the UK) then I could have the headlights fitted in the UK ready for the migration.

Lastly, anyone know how easy/hard it is to get both rear fog lights to operate or to change which one illuminates. I haven’t got the advance onboard computer thingy :(

Many thanks in anticipation, RoystonB

On the new facelift models you can change the beam pattern from the TICK to a Flat beam.

Inside the headlight you have a small piece that goes up or down about 0.5cm that changes that beam.

As the second fog light sorry cannot help you, the only thing you can do is run a wire from oneside to another to see if boths sides light up.

Hey, just had that great idea, if runing a wire from the working rear fog to the other non working fog, both are activated onced turned on??? :rofl::rofl:

Whilst you can alter the lights in Maxidot or manually by the lever, all this does is flat beam the lights and is really only suitable for short visits. They even after altering will not meet the legal requirements for an imported vehicle and you would fail the spanish IVA test / Portuguese test required to register a vehicle in the respective countries. To pass these tests requires correct headlamps as fitted to LHD cars.