Cheap alloys for winter tyres?

You could always try fleabay & get second hand ones.

I found some 5 spoke Audi alloys, (16x6.5), for £120 & had them delivered yesterday. Also got 4 part worn winter tyres (5mm tread) & had them fitted yesterday. Just in time too as I've now got 5-6" of snow now!!

Wife finished night shift this morning & drove home from Oxford with no problems, very impressed.

Went for part worns due to cost & if they get me through this winter they'll have done the job (cost £150 for 2xMichelin Primacy Alpins &2x Uniroyal MS 205/55/16)

So £270 plus £40 to fit. My tyres wanted £490 fpr steelies & tyres then couldn't deliver!!

Thanks guys, but most on eBay seem to be for local pick up only. Can't seem to find any near Maidstone. I was therefore looking to find some cheap new alloys that would fit and could be delivered. Any ideas?

Be careful if looking for part worn tyres - winter tyres are recommended to be changed when they get to 4mm, (that's when they stop giving you an advantage over normal tyres) hence the influx of almost 'worn out' tyres coming across from Germany etc.

Thanks guys, but most on eBay seem to be for local pick up only. Can't seem to find any near Maidstone. I was therefore looking to find some cheap new alloys that would fit and could be delivered. Any ideas?

You just missed a set in Gillingham, but then so did I. :doh:

my advice would be to keep looking for OE wheels. "cheap" new alloys tend to be poor value for money - you get what you pay for with wheels - cheap will mean poor quality in most cases. i've made this mistake in the past, flaking paint, corrosion, and an inability to deal with the day-to-day potholes without bending the rim..

OE wheels are plentiful and cheaper than even the nastiest aftermarket options - and are engineered to the same standard as your current wheels - ie they should be a lot more robust and last longer.

HTH.