drivers seat motor not working

tmg

Hi

after several issues with water ingress (now solved) on the drivers (right hand) side of a 2005 superb, i'm left with a non functioning drivers seat (it heats, but wont move). I've searched the forum but found very little a about this on the drivers side (and lots about the passenger side).

there was water ingress via a badly seated windscreen, and also via a slightly blocked sunroof drain, now both fixed. I've had the carpet up and taken a LOT of water out. I have visually checked the wiring loom on the divers side, and it seemed fine (I know this is in no way canonical but I want to check the easier bits first without having to pull apart the loom)

I've checked all the fuses, but I think the seat probably uses a relay in the block behind the fuse board (not sure, but guessing due to the current the motors must draw).

Does anyone know which relays are in use for this? as a note, the passenger's electric seat works fine.

thanks

t.

It is possible that the fuse for the seats are seperate from the main fuse board that is at the end of the dash panel on the drivers side...there are some more fuses right up inside the footwell deep on the right hand side, they control the rear cigar lighter but as for the electric seats i personally dont know exactly, but guessing that the fuses might as well be checked out before going back to the wiring loom and investigating further...maybe a relay is suspect? can you not swap and check against the passenger seat that does work?...just an idea...hope you get the answer you need :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Hi

Did you resolve this issue, I have exactly the same problem, ie passenger seat and heaters working but not the drivers electric seat. No fuse in main fuse panel for the seats either.

Any assistance woould be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Did you resolve this issue, I have exactly the same problem, ie passenger seat and heaters working but not the drivers electric seat. No fuse in main fuse panel for the seats either.

Any assistance woould be appreciated.

Thanks

my seat wasn't working, the dealer disconnected the seat, re-connected it and as if by magic all was well again.

my seat wasn't working, the dealer disconnected the seat, re-connected it and as if by magic all was well again.

hi there i have this fault too

drivers electric seat not working

no front courtesy lights when door opened but red lights and switch works them

and finally dot matrix has given up the ghost just yellow haze

I think you'll find the fuse or relay for it under the bonnet. hth.

Also it's possible the connector under the seat is off, it happens in the B6 a lot when hoovering, be careful playing though ppl, iirc you can set airbags off if you don't undo the battery first.

Edited by Supurbia