HELP!

Just been cleaning the inside of my car, I knocked the door lock switch on the inside. I have partly shut the passenger door, its a jar but I cant open it. The key is on the driver seat!! My spare is 300 miles away.

So, if I push the passenger door shut fully will it auto unlock the doors. The bonnet is open so the only other option I can think is if I disconnect the battrey will it unlock. Help GREATLY appreciated, try to keep the laughing to minimum! thanks

Edited by Danntec

I think you might be up a certain creek without a paddle then.

I'm fairly sure disconnecting the battery won't unlock the car.

A call to your breakdown service provider might be in order so that they can reach the internal door handle with their special tools...

If you have locked it with the interior switch, then the good news is that the dead locks won't be on (red LED not flashing). You'll need to pull an interior door handle or push the unlock switch. Hopefully the partially open door will help.

I have just tried out shutting my passenger door in these circumstances as described by Danntec. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly, the doors all remain locked. Looks like AA. Good luck.

I have just tried out shutting my passenger door in these circumstances as described by Danntec. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly, the doors all remain locked. Looks like AA. Good luck.

thanks for going and having a go. the aa have just left, v.quick!, he hooked the key fob out using a coat hanger.

Edited by Danntec

did something similar myself on a cold January, took my coat off and placed it in the boot and as I closed the boot I realised key was in the coat pocket (and yes I had opened the car using just the boot button). Skoda assist eventually (after 3hrs) sent a local garage out he wedged the back door the put small airbag in and managed to drag the back seat forward, drag the coat out of the boot and hook the keys and get them out through the gap

PHEW!!!!!!

How did he get the key fob out, there must have been a big enough gap somewhere?

Even with the passenger door on the latch it would be impressive if he got it out that way!

The key was on the drivers seat. he used two plastic wedges to open the door slightly, then put what look like a small hot water bottle with a pump on it in the gap. he pumped up the device to open the door further. then used a straigtened coat hanger to fish out the fob. very quick, i did ask what he did as a teenager!

i did ask what he did as a teenager!

There weren't any fancy plastic wedges and airbags in them days!

I remember a mate of mine demonstrating how to get into his Vauxhall Nova with a steel ruler..