Got my first vRS today!

I'm a very happy man today, I finaly got my vRS! :) I drove it 35 miles back home with a great big smile on my face :) The ride is very smooth and it just feels so good to be in the car. It drives and feels a lot better than my previous Honda I had. The only thing I've yet to learn and get used too is the controls. So far all the controls are the other way round to my Honda controls! I didn't get a manual with my car to explain where things are and what all the funtions do on the radio. Talking about the radio, I love it! I like the display and I also have a multi CD changer in the boot.

I don't know how to change the setings on the small screen on the dash? if that is possible? All i've got on it is how much range I have before I run out of fuel and a digital clock. It also beeps at me sometimes to tell me the outside temperature?

Also I noticed that when I get in the car I need to open the front pasenger door inside to let my wife or anyone in? It appears to be locked even though I can get in on drivers side. Does anyone have any idea why? Maybe there is a button that I need to press?

There is a button by the handbrake which has two symbols on it, one looks like a door and the other looks like a key?

I thought the reason why the doors did not open was for security reasons to stop unwanted quests geting into the car? Any help on this would be great. Also before I forget, I filled in the log book and all that but I forgot to write down my new address! Does this mean all my info will be sent too the previous address? I changed my address on my licence but not on my log book! I was going to phone the salesman tommorow to put my new address down but what do I need to do if he has already sent it?! Any help on this would be very helpful.

I'm a very happy man today, I finaly got my vRS! :) I drove it 35 miles back home with a great big smile on my face :) The ride is very smooth and it just feels so good to be in the car. It drives and feels a lot better than my previous Honda I had. The only thing I've yet to learn and get used too is the controls. So far all the controls are the other way round to my Honda controls! I didn't get a manual with my car to explain where things are and what all the funtions do on the radio. Talking about the radio, I love it! I like the display and I also have a multi CD changer in the boot.

I don't know how to change the setings on the small screen on the dash? if that is possible? All i've got on it is how much range I have before I run out of fuel and a digital clock. It also beeps at me sometimes to tell me the outside temperature?

Also I noticed that when I get in the car I need to open the front pasenger door inside to let my wife or anyone in? It appears to be locked even though I can get in on drivers side. Does anyone have any idea why? Maybe there is a button that I need to press?

There is a button by the handbrake which has two symbols on it, one looks like a door and the other looks like a key?

I thought the reason why the doors did not open was for security reasons to stop unwanted quests geting into the car? Any help on this would be great. Also before I forget, I filled in the log book and all that but I forgot to write down my new address! Does this mean all my info will be sent too the previous address? I changed my address on my licence but not on my log book! I was going to phone the salesman tommorow to put my new address down but what do I need to do if he has already sent it?! Any help on this would be very helpful.

All the information you want is referred to in one of the PINNED items at the front of this forum. Enjoy.

letting your wife in - just press the unlock button twice, in the summer press and hold it to open your windows.

The door/key button is to open and to lock the car when you are sitting in it.

change the range display by pressing the button at the end of the right hand stalk. press and hold the button under the stalk to reset the figures on the display.

Congrats and enjoy. Its a cracking car, had mine just under a year and Im well pleased with it - so much so that Im buying a second one infact. What spec did you go for, got any photo's you'd like to share?

The door thing is anti-hijack, as previous poster said double click the open button on the fob or use switch by gearstick to open all doors. If you push and hold the fob open button after a while all the windows drive down - Ive been caught out by that a couple of times with button being pressed by mistake in pocket etc. Was soon sorted by the kind folks on this forum who pointed me at how to disable the function via setup on the MFD.

Edited by Voyager220v

Congrats and enjoy. Its a cracking car, had mine just under a year and Im well pleased with it - so much so that Im buying a second one infact. What spec did you go for, got any photo's you'd like to share?

The door thing is anti-hijack, as previous poster said double click the open button on the fob or use switch by gearstick to open all doors. If you push and hold the fob open button after a while all the windows drive down - Ive been caught out by that a couple of times with button being pressed by mistake in pocket etc. Was soon sorted by the kind folks on this forum who pointed me at how to disable the function via setup on the MFD.

I'm not sure what the differences are according to spec but I got a multi CD changer in boot, half leather seats and a computer display in dash which is going to take time for me to get used too. I didn't get the front lights washers or reversing sensors. I think the first thing i'm going to do is fit the reverse sensors as I find it very tricky to work out how close things are when reverse parking. I did see some reverse sensors at Halfords for £210, is that a good price or are there cheaper options elsewhere? I look forward to the summer! and going to the Skoda meets in Maidstone in Kent! I would like to put pictures up but how do I do this? I can upload pictures to my Facebook sowould I be able to upload them from there to here?

I'm not sure what the differences are according to spec but I got a multi CD changer in boot, half leather seats and a computer display in dash which is going to take time for me to get used too. I didn't get the front lights washers or reversing sensors. I think the first thing i'm going to do is fit the reverse sensors as I find it very tricky to work out how close things are when reverse parking. I did see some reverse sensors at Halfords for £210, is that a good price or are there cheaper options elsewhere? I look forward to the summer! and going to the Skoda meets in Maidstone in Kent! I would like to put pictures up but how do I do this? I can upload pictures to my Facebook sowould I be able to upload them from there to here?

If you have the maxidot display in your car ( you will know as a pictogram of the car with an open door will show up when you open your door) then you can alter things like the doors opening with 1 or 2 pushes of the button on the key fob and many other things besides. Have fun with your new car, it sounds like you are already, you have made a good choice and there are always members on here willing to offer help and advice.

If you filled in your old details on the log book then the new one will go to your old address I'm afraid, if you don't manage to get to the salesman in time then all I can suggest is that you go to the post office and fill in a mail redirection form and the new log book should reach you eventually, or if you know that the people in your old house are trustworthy then you could get in touch with them and make sure the log book is forwarded.

The display will beep at you when the outside temp. drops to 4C or lower to warn you of the possibility of ice

Ian

Edited by countryboy

If you have the maxidot display in your car ( you will know as a pictogram of the car with an open door will show up when you open your door) then you can alter things like the doors opening with 1 or 2 pushes of the button on the key fob and many other things besides. Have fun with your new car, it sounds like you are already, you have made a good choice and there are always members on here willing to offer help and advice.

If you filled in your old details on the log book then the new one will go to your old address I'm afraid, if you don't manage to get to the salesman in time then all I can suggest is that you go to the post office and fill in a mail redirection form and the new log book should reach you eventually, or if you know that the people in your old house are trustworthy then you could get in touch with them and make sure the log book is forwarded.

The display will beep at you when the outside temp. drops to 4C or lower to warn you of the possibility of ice

Ian

I phoned the salesman this morning to explain to him that I didn't write my new address in the old log book (The Honda log book) The salesman told me it did not matter as he was going to send the Skoda log book off too DVLA as i'm the new owner and he had put my new address on that log book. Does that make sense? Because i'm still confussed to where it will end up! The computer does have the pictogram of the car on display but at the moment i've got how many miles to the tank before needing to fill up on.

I phoned the salesman this morning to explain to him that I didn't write my new address in the old log book (The Honda log book) The salesman told me it did not matter as he was going to send the Skoda log book off too DVLA as i'm the new owner and he had put my new address on that log book. Does that make sense? Because i'm still confussed to where it will end up! The computer does have the pictogram of the car on display but at the moment i've got how many miles to the tank before needing to fill up on.

Yes, it sounds fine to me, your old Honda log book will not go anywhere as the dealer will hold onto it for the new owner to sign and put their address in, you will just be shown as the previous owner at your old address. The fact that the salesman put your new address in the Skoda log book as the new owner means that the DVLA will put this address on the new log book they send to you, you will get it just fine at your new address in a few weeks.

To change the display all you have to do with the car running is to play with the rocker switch at the and of the right hand(wiper) stalk, this will then go through the various things like current MPG, average MPG, how long you have been travelling and how far you have travelled etc etc. A plethora of information.

Ian

Surely you have the Bolero head unit if it is brand new? This has an integral cd multi changer and not a separate one in the boot - try pressing the eject button on the top right! You should push the dealer for a manual. Where did you buy the car?. Hope you enjoy it.

Vrs Shark - You are not clear if its s 2nd hand or brand new you have bought.

What I would say is dont get too excited,around trying to lear every trick around, there is a meet in Maidstone on 8th Jan - goto Local meets section for full details, there will be a few people there who will be able to give you plenty of tips on how to use the car.

I will have my new vRS there as well.