got my new car yesterday

Picked up car yesterday. VRS DSG CR Hatch Race Blue

Dealer fitted winter wheels / tyres. Car is fantastic, better than I ever could have imagined. Definately been upgrades to DSG box. So much better than DSG box in my Leon TDI. In auto changes up from 1500 rpm, very smooth, no lag. Cannot believe what a difference there is. Like the new aerial, way car drives, quiet, real quality. 85 mile return trip showed 54 + on mfd with a lot of hold up`s on M25. Managed to get phone set up today.

Can`t understand why anyone would pay £4-5000 more for a Golf GTD / Audi A3 etc, except for badge snobbery.

Only downside, dealer do not fit mudflaps to VRS. Do front set go straight on without mods? I know rears need a bit of tweaking.

Car registered on 24/12 (received V5 doc today), contacted Skoda, as think they should change warranty to start the day car collected, due to dealer being shut. Will be writing to them, if you don`t ask, you don`t get.

Also have to wait for dealer to put compensation claim in, before confirmed if £300. Also need to get a ipod cable to link with MDI.

Will keep you all posted.

Edited by teebee

Sorry to have to say this but the grammer and wording in your post is awful. Please read through before you hit the post button!

Car shouldn't have been registered until the day you picked it up unless you delayed pick up. Hope they put the original wheels in the boot for you!

When i specced mine up it was nearly £12k cheaper than a Golf GTD and £10k cheaper than an A3 (yes thats right the golf is dearer than the a3).

Get some pics up so we can see it! :thumbup:

Sorry to have to say this but the grammer and wording in your post is awful.

Car shouldn't have been registered until the day you picked it up unless you delayed pick up. Hope they put the original wheels in the boot for you!

When i specced mine up it was nearly £12k cheaper than a Golf GTD and £10k cheaper than an A3 (yes thats right the golf is dearer than the a3).

what about your spelling then.

is that a new way of spelling grammar ???

something springs to mind about the kettle calling the pot black.

Please read through before you hit the post button!

what about your spelling then.

is that a new way of spelling grammar ???

something springs to mind about the kettle calling the pot black.

Please read through before you hit the post button!

Dunt wory bout dem divs bruv', ya ride sunds wicked 'enit

Picked up car yesterday. VRS DSG CR Hatch Race Blue

Dealer fitted winter wheels / tyres. Car is fantastic, better than I ever could have imagined. Definately been upgrades to DSG box. So much better than DSG box in my Leon TDI. In auto changes up from 1500 rpm, very smooth, no lag. Cannot believe what a difference there is. Like the new aerial, way car drives, quiet, real quality. 85 mile return trip showed 54 + on mfd with a lot of hold up`s on M25. Managed to get phone set up today.

Can`t understand why anyone would pay £4-5000 more for a Golf GTD / Audi A3 etc, except for badge snobbery.

Only downside, dealer do not fit mudflaps to VRS. Do front set go straight on without mods? I know rears need a bit of tweaking.

Car registered on 24/12 (received V5 doc today), contacted Skoda, as think they should change warranty to start the day car collected, due to dealer being shut. Will be writing to them, if you don`t ask, you don`t get.

Also have to wait for dealer to put compensation claim in, before confirmed if £300. Also need to get a ipod cable to link with MDI.

Will keep you all posted.

Same spec as mine due next Monday so sounds very promising. Currently driving a Leon too so I am certainly expecting a nicer built model and hopefully a quieter drive than my diesel FR

Edited by Moley RUFC

Sorry to have to say this but the grammer and wording in your post is awful.

:o Ouch.

A sticky from another very popular and well respected motoring forum.

Food for thought...

"Can we please be careful not to criticise other people's spelling and grammar. Some posters may be actually dyslexic and not be able to avoid errors - yet those same people may have much to offer us in terms of relevant expertise.

There are times when this sort of thing matters - indeed I gave a lecture on effective writing to some of my firm's trainees this very morning, saying how vital correctness and clarity are in business communications - but an informal forum isn't one of those times.

If we think of someone's post as an E-mail from a friend, or even a conversation in a pub, we wouldn't correct their English. So let's take people as they are."

Can I ask why you didn't wait an extra week? Quibbling over 6 days on a warranty is fine but in the scheme of things getting your car delivered on 30th Dec will cost you probably £200 on the trade in when you chop it in.

Some dealers are insisting on registering cars prior to 2011 to be able to pass on the VAT free discounts.

Strange but true...

Can I ask why you didn't wait an extra week? Quibbling over 6 days on a warranty is fine but in the scheme of things getting your car delivered on 30th Dec will cost you probably £200 on the trade in when you chop it in.

I agree about waiting an extra week, but my px warranty / mot ran out on 29/12 + RFL on 31/12. Dealer honoured px price for September delivery + car turned up quicker than expected, with the weather issues etc. Arrived at docks in UK on 15/12, dealership on 21/12. I was more than happy to take delivery before year end, taking everything into consideration.

:o Ouch.

A sticky from another very popular and well respected motoring forum.

Food for thought...

"Can we please be careful not to criticise other people's spelling and grammar. Some posters may be actually dyslexic and not be able to avoid errors - yet those same people may have much to offer us in terms of relevant expertise.

There are times when this sort of thing matters - indeed I gave a lecture on effective writing to some of my firm's trainees this very morning, saying how vital correctness and clarity are in business communications - but an informal forum isn't one of those times.

If we think of someone's post as an E-mail from a friend, or even a conversation in a pub, we wouldn't correct their English. So let's take people as they are."

Very nice of you to quote what I wrote as a moderator on that forum (I'm Avant over there), and I hope it's some help on this forum which strikes me as a particularly helpful and friendly one.

Actually I thought the OP's post was admirably clear and written in that style for the sake of brevity.

couldnt agree more......we are on an informal forum and shouldn't be too harsh on others for smelling or gram errrrrr. it really doesnt matter and IMHO sounds a little snobbish. When writting a formal or piece for work, fair play, do a spell check. otherwise dont sweat about it. Hope you enjoy your car and post some pics.

Sorry to have to say this but the grammer and wording in your post is awful. Please read through before you hit the post button!

I did read it before I sent it . It seemed ok to me at the time, although It was written on the quick, to share my initial impressions. I even edit my posts, if I see the slightest error.

The dealership had to transfer private plate and only received the retention document on 24/12. Time was at a premium due to Christmas break + staff shortages due to bad weather etc. The date that I collected my car was the earliest available + mot and warranty of my px ran out on 29/12. I was planning to get a loan car from the dealership in advance, but they were in short supply. We agreed to wait until the car was built, (arrived with them on 21/12) and then decide how to proceed.

Yes they did put original wheels in the boot for me, wrapped in the sheets used to transport my px OEM alloys/tyres to them.

I will post some pictures when the car is clean.

Edited by teebee