its arrived !

Well after 6 months + 1 week its here - The Silver Octy vRS 170CR

Once it arrived, the DVLA in Maidstone STILL managed to mess up the cost of issue plate for Fiat & transfer of my plate to Octy, despite me taking docs to them & asking them to check it was all correct.

A second visit to DVLA with correct amount & polite confrontation ( & a request to place an official complaint of incompetance) with the culprit who messed up transfer amount, Maidstone actually did the paperwork of plate issue & transfer so I could collect car today. ( & complaint dropped) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I know people are probably bored with all the new Octys, so I will post only a few Piccys specially as its a rare silver one. ( not race blue or white).

See link to Photo Bucket as they are too large to load here

My Octy vRS

Just have to go back to get a rattle sorted, & the 2nd key set up as requested ( 1 click opens all doors & boot).

Should have this & the sub fitted by the meet on Jan 8th, so far so good

Another silver one like mine, but different shape!! Top choice. Nice to be different....from all the blue & white ones!

Edited by dunc69

Nice car but it would seriously pain me to leave it parked on the road like that :'(

Haven't you got maxidot to set up the 2nd key?

jrw

i am being particularly anal about squeezing this car in the garage not 2 mins walk from the house, I would like to keep my wing mirrors away from the bin wagons & Argos vans this time.

Also the seagulls pooh doesnt add any beauty to the cars in the road, they just stain the lacquer / paint.

Maxidot & 2nd key - Do tell ?

jrw

i am being particularly anal about squeezing this car in the garage not 2 mins walk from the house, I would like to keep my wing mirrors away from the bin wagons & Argos vans this time.

Also the seagulls pooh doesnt add any beauty to the cars in the road, they just stain the lacquer / paint.

Maxidot & 2nd key - Do tell ?

On my car you can set the unlock on the maxidot. Haven't tried it on a different key but i presume that it would work....

Glad you put it in the garage B)

On my car you can set the unlock on the maxidot. Haven't tried it on a different key but i presume that it would work....

Glad you put it in the garage B)

I see you have DSG, do you have steering wheel controls as well ?

I was right, It did look very nice parked on my drive yesterday. :giggle:

The Silver does look very nice in the "flesh" much better than pictures,

I see you have DSG, do you have steering wheel controls as well ?

Yes have steering wheel controls - think it is standard with DSG - I have bluetooth anyway ;)