Parking Sensors common fault?

Back when we were in minus 10 and ankle deep in snow, my parking sensors packed in, I wrote it off to environmental conditions at the time but they are still out.

VCDS is reporting open circuit on centre left sensor.

Likely to be a loose wire or new unit time? (any idea on expense / can the single be replaced or is a full set jobbie?) Jabba are just down the road so was thinking about giving them a ring in the new year but thought wise to do a little research beforehand.

The sensors are sometimes a little tempramental and I had problems with mine on an old Octavia, all replaced under warranty, and a new one. One sensor on the new car kept randomly activating when reverse was engaged - I just kept cleaning the sensors in the bumper and it seemed to remedy itself.

Each sensor CAN be replaced separately.

Edited by Chubbs

Hi all i know this is a long shot but thought i would ask just incase anyone comes accross one (well 2 lol).

I have parking sensor on my octy and they are genuine VAG but were fitted after manufacture so are slightly different to the standard kit. Instead or the little rubber surround around the sensor mine have a round plastic surround that the sensor clips into and im missing 2 of the 4. I have bought the clips from Skoda, but they are the new style and the sensors now sit further back in the bumper and dont look right. I have tried a few dealerships and you cant buy the clips seperately so im kepping an eye out on ebay and asked about the salvage yards here but if anyone does see some on their travels im happy to give a tenna just for the 2 clips to save me buying a complete new kit.

I know its unlikely but worth a go