TSI

TSI  

34 members have voted

1. 1. I have a car with the following TSI engine?

• 1.2 TSI
    • 1.4 TSI
    • 1.8 TSI
    • I have a different model of TSI
    • I do not have a TSI
    • 2.0 TSI
  2. 2. What best describes TSI?

• TSI is economically
    • TSI is very strong
    • TSI is quiet
    • TSI is not worth the money
    • TSI?

The 1.8 TSI uses the same EA888 engine as the 2 litre TSI aka VRS, just the stroke is differrent.

the 1.8 TSI is outstanding, especially when linked to the DSG gearbox. MPG can be 40 mpg on average and 45 MPG on a run easily. If you do only round town it can go down to 30 mpg ie do not do too much round town, it is a big heavy car and suffers.

Acceleration is amazing, significantly quicker than the VRS diesel, half a second quicker to 60 and 2 seconds quicker over the kilometer.

I have paddles on mine which I do use and help get it consumption up by changing up though to 7th earlier when the route ahead is quite or a downward slope.

What will be amazing is when there are even more powerful 1 litre and 1.2 litre engines ie with 130 hp and 155 hp respectively or so but also have fuel consumption close to that of the diesels.

It is clear that VAG want to push the TSIs over the TDI until there is a technical breakthrough on the diesels ie 2 stroke or something. All other manfacturers are trying to catch up and the TSI superiority is recongised by the Vienna International Engine annual awards!

Edited by lol