DPF talk

I have now located the exhaust pressure sensor. It is to the left of the top of the black plastic cambelt cover on a silver metal bracket to the left hand side of the engine when looking from the front of the car. It is not immediately obvious because it faces toward the bulkhead. The T30 screw which secures it faces towards the top of the cambelt cover and I had to loosen it by using a T30 screwdriver bit and a small adjustable spanner. The next problem were the clips on the 2 vacuum pipes which I opened using a small mole grip which held them in the open position. I was then able to move them down the pipes and take the pipes off the sensor. Refitting the replacement was easy and the total time was about 15 minutes without knowing how to do it.

Once fitted the engine was started and the engine warning light went off within 5 minutes. The sensor does not have to be recalibrated once fitted.

What i find amazing is that people on this forum talking of being charged £160 at a garage for this repair. The part cost me £52 including postage from my nearest Skoda dealership. Therefore, why are we being charged £110 labour for 15 minutes work which equates to £440 per hour!

Its almost tempting to buy a spare and keep it ready. When outside of warranty I may do this as its dead easy to change. Thing is its so obvious when my car does a regen, if the light ever came on and it didnt then do the obvious regen it can only really be the sensor. I am curious, how many miles you done ? Mines at 43,000 with no faults at all. (famous last words)

• 7 years later...

Thank you :)

Yes the Emissions Fix will cause an increase in the amount of soot the engine generates, I am a bit unsure if it will affect the amount of ash as well, I don't think it should. I will mostly be driving on the motorway so extra regenerations are fine, but ash isn't gasified during regeneration so that will pile up in the filter. So it really depends on the ash generation and how big the filter is how often it needs changing. I've read in two places that it should generally last for about 100k miles as long as you use the right oils, but they didn't mention anything specifically about the Fabia of course so hopefully someone here will know.

Cheers. 

RogerRho,

Have just recently posted my issues with the DPF and other things, see

I am new here too. Great car as far as I am concerned. Running beautifully at the moment,

Regards

T