Opening Boot

Von Ryan

For a number of weeks now I have been getting into my Roomster most mornings only to be greeted with the warning that a door is still open. After checking the drivers door; it turns out it's the boot, but I can't remember opening the boot. Anyway this evening I just got in and was opening the kitchen blinds when I noticed my flashers blicking as they do when unlocking/locking the car, as both controls were hung up I nipped out to find tthe bneighbour over the road (owner of a 09 Fabia) had just pulled in and locked his car. So has any one heard of another remote operating the boot of a Roomster?

Cheers

Pete Ryan

Hi Pete,

I've never heard of this before but I suppose there must be a one-in-a-million chance of it happening.

Why not have a chat with your neighbour and compare notes? He may be wondering why his boot opens every time you unlock your Roomy.

Rob

Hi, i read somewhere for a skoda owner that had similar problem with his neighbor's VW Golf. Actually when the Golf owner was unlocking his car remotely the Skoda (i' don't remember Fabia or Octavia) unlocked too.

And something that i experienced. My Roomster was parked aside my son's Godfather Superb. After a coffee meeting we went to our cars and by luck concurrently we pressed our key fobs to unlock the cars. Guess what. Only the Roomster was unlocked. Then we tried again. Only the Superb and so on... So we came to conclusion that when you try to lock / unlock two Skodas concurrently only one car - key fob combination is activated.

Edited by stratosg

Thanks for the reply’s gentlemen, I will have to pop across to the neighbours now that I know it's not my imagination.

Cheers

Pete

Over 3 years I have had occasional boot opening (maybe 6/7 times) when parked up. A puzzle but not irritating enough to write about. My neighbour has a golf and I will now perhaps be able to solve a mystery.

I bet this is less than 1 million:1 chance and there are probably 100's of us worldwide with similar puzzle. I now wonder if whole car unlocks and then doors reset after 30 secondsbut because hatch physically pops open a little it is only the dash warning thats left active.

It also would answer the fact that the alarm has never activated.

Scottie