Insurance Gone Sky High

Definitely use online insurance companies.

Must say my renewal quote dropped through my letter-box rose from £275 to £470 from 'Fortis' (online)

You will laugh when I went online and got insured by 'FORTIS' through 'ONE CALL' for £265 with all the same trimmings.

How on earth can that be justified??

Well if you'd just ignored it or CBA to look elsewhere, they'd have had an extra £195 profit. Let's face it, it won't cost them a great deal in lost business, and it wouldn't take a large percentage of customers to be stupid or lazy to be worthwhile. In fact, just call it a laziness tax!

When you ring, they think immediately that you are shopping around, so know they have to be more competitive.

PL

Try being under 20! emoticon-0106-crying.gif

My sister who turns 17 in March (so no experience, or even a full license) can get insured on my car for less than me with 2NCB and almost 3 years license. :wall: She can't even ride a bike on the road, let alone drive. :thumbdown:

My sister who turns 17 in March (so no experience, or even a full license) can get insured on my car for less than me with 2NCB and almost 3 years license.

If she's not got a full licence, she won't be driving unless she's got someone supervising her (and that someone will have held a licence longer than you currently have!). It'll most likely go up once she's passed her test and can drive on her own...

I'm currently with eSure. Last year it was about £410. In 2009 it was just under £400 with them. My quote for 2011 was £501 :o:finger: That's even with 12 years no clams (73% discount). I normally stay with the same company for 2 or 3 years, so it's time for a change.

Just used Confused today (I normally do) and got it down to £357 through Axa. I thought I'll try that annoying advert, Go-Compare. The best quote I got was £333 through Hastings. :thumbup: The only difference is the excesses are higher £150 or £200 instead of £50, but that's still not bad.

Has anyone used Hastings Direct or Axa before?

Edited by Jim H

If she's not got a full licence, she won't be driving unless she's got someone supervising her (and that someone will have held a licence longer than you currently have!). It'll most likely go up once she's passed her test and can drive on her own...

True - just edited the quote - just gone up to £1.5k. B) (Is it bad that makes me happy?)

Mine never did that, so I assumed hers wouldn't either. Hey ho, insurance is just pot luck it seems.

Edited by TriggerFish