Hardest job yet on Octavia!

Decided to tackle the stiff handbrake on my Octavia2 Elegance today after a near fail for MOT. Boy what a nightmare!

As posted on this site previously I narrowed the cause down to the corrugated rubber sliding thingy around the handbrake lever, I am amazed that this small piece of rubber could cause so much hassle. 6 hours later it is back together and ok. I guess now I know where all the stupid liitle hidden screws are it would maybe take 2 hours. If anyone wants more info on the procedure post me before I forget how i did it!

As I am new to the forum can someone point me in the direction for an alternator belt change (i.e is access via the wheel arch and is it a simple case of relieving the tension on the automatic tensioner.

Also does anyone have acces to set my service interval indicator to variable as I serviced it yesterday and used 507.00 rock oil as usual.

Thanks

In the very cold weather the lower part of this sliding handbrake trim became detached from the handbrake lever on mine and now doesn't move up and down with the handbrake anymore.

I had been thinking of taking the console apart and fixing it, but after reading how much hassle this thing can cause, and what a pain it is to get to, I may well just leave it alone!

Mine suffered this problem, the shutter puckered into a fold and got stuck and I read on an earlier thread that it was simple enough to fix - "just take out the centre console".... ha ha ha ha.... rummaged around for a while and couldn't work out how so had it fixed by dealer (lucky have few months warranty left) - it was a couple of hours work though. The replacement part is cheap enough but it appears that getting at it is not an easy job at all... so I was glad to have that bit of warranty left to cover the cost.

Decided to tackle the stiff handbrake on my Octavia2 Elegance today after a near fail for MOT. Boy what a nightmare!

As posted on this site previously I narrowed the cause down to the corrugated rubber sliding thingy around the handbrake lever, I am amazed that this small piece of rubber could cause so much hassle. 6 hours later it is back together and ok. I guess now I know where all the stupid liitle hidden screws are it would maybe take 2 hours. If anyone wants more info on the procedure post me before I forget how i did it!

As I am new to the forum can someone point me in the direction for an alternator belt change (i.e is access via the wheel arch and is it a simple case of relieving the tension on the automatic tensioner.

Also does anyone have acces to set my service interval indicator to variable as I serviced it yesterday and used 507.00 rock oil as usual.

Thanks

Typical modern engineering, make it difficult and increase profits for the main dealers. All manufacturers are at it.

I have the same problem and have investigated several times without finding a way to solve it. I tried removing the gear lever cover, that seems ok but how do the side trims and the rest come off ?

Your advices would be much appreciated

Have the same problem, any help would be great.

Did you take any pictures are you were at it?

Anyone have a guide to removing the console?

Or a Part Number for the replacement part?