Best way to price 05 2.0TDi PD Elegance Estate Sport?

Hi all,

I'm shortly going to be selling my 2005 2.0TDi PD Elegance Estate to go travelling

I'm trying to come up with a fair price but have come across a few variations from the norm that make setting a value a bit hit and miss.

I obviously want to get the best price I can, but also do not want to set it too high so that the cost of advertising is wasted as nobody is interested in buying.

I've looked at all the usual places and prices seem to range from around 4-7 grand which is a massive variation for basicly the same car.

My car does not seem to be a standard model as it has sports suspension, 6 speed gbox, 17" wheels and front parking sensors fitted as factory original options - Do these add any value to the asking price for a used car?

do i list it as a sports model or just standard car with optional extras, the badge on the back of the car just says Octavia TDi and has a blank chrome bit where one would expect to see the usual model code (GLX etc)

It also is fairly high mileage 181K - how much does this knock off the value ? Most information i've gathered seems to say that these engines will go to 300K so is it a problem? It still drives almost like new.

Skoda FSH until 2009

New clutch + DMF, Timing belt + tensioners, Water Pump and new warrented turbo fitted last year.

Any advice on pricing and best place to advertise it much appreciated.

Edited by guzzigeezer

hi there im no expert but, i would say the options wouldn't really add value although it might make it more desireable, the 6 speed box is standard on the 2.0tdi, i would advertise as what it is an elegance, and mention the dealer options fitted, being the additional front parking sensors, sports suspension and 17" alloys, as for price its difficult, would depend on condition, colour and the present market.

mileage will make the biggest impact on the price, the car is an Elegance model with added "sport pack" and front park sensors.

full paper history and receipts will help with the sale, I would imagine you are looking at a realistic price between 4 - 5K

List it as an Elegance with factory options.

The options will not add any value to the car, but may make it more desirable for some people, then again most people will run a mile because of the mileage so it will need to be priced cheap enough for them to be tempted.

The mileage is killing the value of the car no end, Glass's value a 05 Elegance with 150k miles at between £2,400 - £3,000 TRADE IN (so add about a grand for selling price) but you also then need to drop the price a bit more for the extra 31k your car has.

Although the engine still has loads of life left in it, things like clutch and suspension is likely to need replacing some time soon.

As for where to advertise it, you could pay £12 to join Freedom and you can advertise it on here, otherwise there is Pistonheads (free classified's) eBay or Autotrader.

FWIW I bought a 3 year old TDi Octavia Elegance (MKI) with FSH and 90K on the clock for £4k - this was cheap however, but it also had half the mileage of yours.