Allan Robinson

I collect my Superb 1.8T Comfort on Feb 1st fom Rainworth Motors Ltd in Nottingham. It is a Sep 03 ex Skoda UK with 15K in silver with black interior. I traded in my 1997 Passat 1.8 sport with 105K. I had looked at A4s but massively overpriced and snooty dealerships and decided that most VW dealers are surly at best. So thought I would try Skoda as they continually get good dealer reviews. I saw a black superb at the Castle in Prague last year delivering some VIPs and thought it was understated and elegant.

Test drive impressed me, comfortable ride but a bit more wind noise than I am used to.The car appears immaculate but someone has nicked the umbrella. Paid

Hope you enjoy your Superb, Strange about the wind noise being greater than the Passat as they are so similar - I find I get a bit more wind noise on my Superb (2.8v6 Elegance Tiptronic) than my Octavia RS but I put this down to the Superb being so quiet that the wind noise stands out above the quietness.

John

>I saw a black superb at the Castle in Prague last year

>delivering some VIPs and thought it was understated and elegant.

I first saw the Superb at prague castle last summer (I've only seen 1 in cork recently). Have an order in for an Octavia but tried out the leg room in the superb. I'm 6ft2in and even with the driver seat fully back I had plenty of leg room in the back.

A beautiful car.

Welcome Allan. I should go back to the dealer and politely request a new umbrella, if I were you :D
Seconded, particularly as it is p*****g down here in Cambridgeshire. And welcome from me to the wonderful world of Briskoda. :D