Yeti 2012 Model Year-Wish list.

mike 111

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned engine stop/start technology or keyless antry and push button stop/start??? :think:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned engine stop/start technology or keyless antry and push button stop/start??? :think:

Push button stop/start is one of the daftest inventions ever in my book. Fine to have KESSY(Keyless entry) where you just leave the key somewhere on your person. BUT for cars without KESSY the basic dash architecture is the same so they also have a stop start button - look in any BMW or MINI. So you put the key in the dash as per normal but it won't turn nor will it start the car. Nope, you then have to move your hand from the key to the stop/start button to start the car. A duplication that is NOT needed. So Škoda please no, NEVER ever give us a stupid BMW stop/start button. Sorry, rant over.

Push button stop/start is one of the daftest inventions ever in my book. Fine to have KESSY(Keyless entry) where you just leave the key somewhere on your person. BUT for cars without KESSY the basic dash architecture is the same so they also have a stop start button - look in any BMW or MINI. So you put the key in the dash as per normal but it won't turn nor will it start the car. Nope, you then have to move your hand from the key to the stop/start button to start the car. A duplication that is NOT needed. So Škoda please no, NEVER ever give us a stupid BMW stop/start button. Sorry, rant over.

Agreed - just what is the attraction of the start/stop button? My 1950's cars had this and it was a great advance when the single operation key/turn was introduced in the 1960's!

I would like keyless entry and a stop/start button.

Have this in the other car and it's very handy. As long as the key is in your pocket you just get in, press the button and go.

Also means I can get in the boot without having to rumage around in my pocket (while trying to hold something) for the key.

If you have to put the key in the dash it's pointless, but a proper system where it stays in your pocket is fine.

I must be the odd one out then - our's is just fine, as we specified what we wanted after deciding on a Yeti.

If we had wanted anything else we would have moved from a SE to something "posher", or even another marque.

The most "annoying" thing is the angle of the instruments and the speedo marking, but then you just adapt - it's a very small grumble in the scheme of things.

I'd like the Skoda team to do a night raid on the Audi A8/A7 options list - I want a Yeti sized and styled car but with:

Night vision

Heads Up

Full Keyless

Self Closing Boot

Adaptive Cruise

Google Nav

360 birds eye camera

Full self park (it's just fun)

LED main beam

and if they can squeeze in the 4.2 TDi......

Additionally get rid of the stereo system and just replace with a massive iPad dock to display cameras, nav and control music via a Yeti app.....

I'd like the Skoda team to do a night raid on the Audi A8/A7 options list - I want a Yeti sized and styled car but with:

Night vision

Heads Up

Full Keyless

Self Closing Boot

Adaptive Cruise

Google Nav

360 birds eye camera

LED main beam

Additionally get rid of the stereo system and just replace with a massive iPad dock to display cameras, nav and control music via a Yeti app.....

If they did all that then it's wouldn't fall into the Skoda family as you have to remember Skoda is supposed to be the budget brand of VAG!

Night vision

Heads Up

Full Keyless

Self Closing Boot

Adaptive Cruise

Google Nav

360 birds eye camera

LED main beam

I think you should just buy a Porsche Cayenne or a VW Touareg as that is what you want it seems! :giggle:

I think you should just buy a Porsche Cayenne or a VW Touareg as that is what you want it seems! :giggle:

I know ! But my lovely old house on the Yorkshire Hills can only fit in a car the length of a Yeti. Anything over 4.5m long and I'm in trouble (or parking miles away...). So I wish manufacturers would add all these cool techie options in smaller cars!

I know ! But my lovely old house on the Yorkshire Hills can only fit in a car the length of a Yeti. Anything over 4.5m long and I'm in trouble (or parking miles away...). So I wish manufacturers would add all these cool techie options in smaller cars!

These things always filter down over time. If not, it would still only have been the Mercedes S-class that had ABS brakes for instance!

I've just replaced the 3 rear seats after furniture shifting duty.

How about reducing the weight by a few kilos each?

Phew! they're heavy to refit. :sweat:

The question is if you remove one of the seats do you get better MPG?

The question is if you remove one of the seats do you get better MPG?

The outer seats are 16,5kg each (according to CAR magazine). So all three together is about half a person or the same as the Velux. You do not see separate fuel figures for cars with and without a Velux, so I suspect the difference will be negligible. :giggle: