170 cr tdi front mount intercooler

My first port of call would of course be a dealer. As for ease of fitment, the usual arrangement is a sandwich with the A/C condenser at the front, intercooler in the middle and of course the radiator behind it so access might be awkward, the bonnet slam panel will no doubt need to come off, possibly the headlamps and/or bumper as well to access the boost hoses to and from the IC.

Worst case scenario is the A/C condenser needing to come off which will mean a regas for the A/C system plus gas recovery at the start.

With a diesel CR there is very little point in putting an uprated intercooler on as the engine is so thermally efficient it does not heat up the intake air in the same way as the less efficient petrol engines, hence why no one makes one for the CR diesels, the gains are so marginal and coupled with the fact that the power / cylinder charge is less affected by temperatures due to the very high compression that diesels run at, you would spend maybe £500 to gain power that would be unnoticeable on all but the most accurate rolling road......save the money and sort the handling out.......will put a smile on your face guaranteed!

Well said that man.

I was advised by janner_sy to fit a RARB & WALK very early on when looking for ideas. I now have these, along with Eibach Pro springs & std dampers. It's like a different car-the RARB alone makes a HUGE difference. :)

I assume you have (or are thinking of) a remap??