VRS Seats without airbags

kostas

Briskodians Hi,

I have recently fitted a vrs interior from an estate car to my 4x4 hatch. The vrs front seats do not have airbags so the airbag cables with the cables coming out from the seatbelts are now disconnected. Becasue of that I am now getting the airbag/seatbelt warning light on, and would like to switch it off without taking the bulb out.

Can i disable the airbag sensors or is there a way i can fool the sensor by connecting the two cables (from each seat) together or any other way.

Any suggestions wold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kostas

either that or get the right size resistor and stick across the terminals so that the ecu thinks that it is still there. so no airbag light.

did you know that when that light is on non of your airbags work?

Helloo again, i tried fitting resistors to the terminals but light still remained on. I called the dealer and was told that there is no way to disable the side airbags without disabling the front as well,

Any othet suggestions?

Thanks

Kostas

Helloo again' date=' i tried fitting resistors to the terminals but light still remained on. I called the dealer and was told that there is no way to disable the side airbags without disabling the front as well,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Kostas[/quote']

Modify the seats and then fit the side airbags? :)

To fit airbags into the seats you will need new seat frames, covers and padded foam.

That's why it is good to have the Master Tech around!!! :thumbup:

I presumed that they would all have the same seat frame underneath and all you would need to do is modify the foam (cut a hole in it!) and cloth (again cut a hole in it!).

If only it were that simple!!! :rolleyes:

Did the WRC Limited Edition Octy's come with side airbags or am I just imagining it?

I phoned a skoda dealer (dont want to say who) and i was told that i cant disable just the side airbags i can only disable all of them or nothing, which manual can i look into?

Tried Haynes but didnt find one for the octavia.

I phoned a skoda dealer (dont want to say who) and i was told that i cant disable just the side airbags i can only disable all of them or nothing' date=' which manual can i look into?

Tried Haynes but didnt find one for the octavia.[/quote']

Its in the workshop manual that your dealer have.

It is possbile because if you dissable the passenger side airbag by recoding the airbag ECU you then have to go into adaption (address word 10) and then decode the side airbags also.

• 2 weeks later...

ross, hi i checked with a few skoda dealers who said that the airbag ECU cannot be recoded and the sensors can not be "tricked" I am considering changing the Airbag control module to an older one coming from a car with only 2 front airbags golf mark4 or a vrs.

Would that be possible?