Octavia vRS for £5k ?

What are the odds of getting a decent diesel vRS for £5000 Sterling(2004-2005), my preference is for one of these as my next motor but i think i might be dreaming and end up getting a Fabia vRS :(

If i do see one for that price are there any paticular problems that crop up in those years in the model ? Thanks in advance for any replies :D

The diesel octy RS was not introduced until a lot later than 2005, even the petrol was not introduced until 2006. Prices are also holding a lot higher than 5K, obviously because the car is much newer. You can get a MK1 petrol vRS though, but it may not be what you are after. For an early MK2 petrol you are looking at at least 7K. The cheapest diesel is around the 9-10K mark.

Research the DPF issues with a diesel before buying, odds are a high miler may bring you problems that are very expensive if you go through a dealer. Do a trawl through this forum, there are loads of posts about it.

Edited by Stuart_J

Yep, Mk2 vRS diesels weren't until a 56-plate, so at the earliest Sept 2006. And the earliest petrol Mk2 vRSes would be a late 2005 on a 55.

The next best option, if you're set on a Mk2, is the 2.0 PD140. Obviously not in vRS trim though.

• 6 months later...

What are the odds of getting a decent diesel vRS for £5000 Sterling(2004-2005), my preference is for one of these as my next motor but i think i might be dreaming and end up getting a Fabia vRS :(

If i do see one for that price are there any paticular problems that crop up in those years in the model ? Thanks in advance for any replies :D

could get a nice low mileage minter Fabia for that ! I had one before a lot less to go wrong engine wise for similar aged diesel octy remap one and its awesome :D