Yeti delivery time

skippy70

Hmm.. reading some of these I think the Greenline I ordered on the 21st March is going to arrive later than planned.

I was optimistic it'd be here for the first week of September as it's my Mum's birthday present.

My tale of woe !!!!!

CR 170(4x4)Elegance (White with Gobi leather)ordered December 1st 2010, given provisional delivery of early April 2011.

Mid March, I was informed that delivery slipped to July 2011.

Email yesterday says delivery has slipped again to late August 2011. 9 months. Ouch!

We were planning to use our holiday (already booked) driving through France, to round off the running-in process, so now we will have to keep the Fabia vRS going a bit? longer. Great car though a bit small for touring.

The supplier said that the CR 170 is quote "the model that they are having the greatest trouble with in production".

Does anyone know of production problems with the CR170 other than supply shortage?

Edited by alecd

I was told by my dealer that if I was to complain about the length of time delivery was taking, Skoda UK would give me a car to use while I wait. This offer was withdrawn from me as I am buying through a third party but if you are buying direct and have had a long wait I would suggest asking the question of a loan car as they are available.

I was told by my dealer that if I was to complain about the length of time delivery was taking, Skoda UK would give me a car to use while I wait. This offer was withdrawn from me as I am buying through a third party but if you are buying direct and have had a long wait I would suggest asking the question of a loan car as they are available.

I have ordered through a third party so the option of a loan car isn't available to me. Thanks for the thought though.

My tale of woe !!!!!

CR 170(4x4)Elegance (White with Gobi leather)ordered December 1st 2010, given provisional delivery of early April 2011.

Mid March, I was informed that delivery slipped to July 2011.

Email yesterday says delivery has slipped again to late August 2011. 9 months. Ouch!

We were planning to use our holiday (already booked) driving through France, to round off the running-in process, so now we will have to keep the Fabia vRS going a bit? longer. Great car though a bit small for touring.

The supplier said that the CR 170 is quote "the model that they are having the greatest trouble with in production".

Does anyone know of production problems with the CR170 other than supply shortage?

Your right... ouch.

This concerns me, I ordered a 170hp in May and was hopeing on delivery November or December at latest. The dealer told me 6 months but possibly sooner as he had seen delivery times improving. I'm obviously way too optimistic to think I will get the car in 2011 considering I've not even received a build week!

To be honest I really like the Yeti (I'll keep telling myself it will be worth the wait) but if I had known the delivery could be 9 months I think I would have looked at other options like the new Tiguan.

Your right... ouch.

This concerns me, I ordered a 170hp in May and was hopeing on delivery November or December at latest. The dealer told me 6 months but possibly sooner as he had seen delivery times improving. I'm obviously way too optimistic to think I will get the car in 2011 considering I've not even received a build week!

To be honest I really like the Yeti (I'll keep telling myself it will be worth the wait) but if I had known the delivery could be 9 months I think I would have looked at other options like the new Tiguan.

Well I am one happy bunny. Placed an order today via the internet for a Yeti 2.0 (110) SE, aqua blue with space saver wheel for £16k.

Its in the UK but not at the dealers yet. Should be ready in 3-4 weeks. Having done the footwork via dealers/internet/telephone calls etc I thought that I would need to choose a different car as the lead in time is so long.

Previous skoda owner - had an octavia vRS from 2001-2004.

Happy Days!

Hi,

I have just ordered today ( 24 Jan 2011) my new Yeti Elegance CR 170. Am still waiting for info on delivery but have been told roughly 6 - 8 months.

Has anyone else ordered recently and got a more accurate lead time?

Will this length of wait mean it will go in to the new model year 2012?

I was told February 2012 for a DSG model

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered 170 Elegance at the end of November 2010. (White with spare wheel and Park Assist)

Yesterday I was finally given a build week. 28 (next week)with delivery expected Wk 34 (wk commencing 22nd August)

That is a total of nine, yes 9, months.

If it works out right, we will run it in on a three week holiday in France, sailing Fiday26th August. Fingers crossed! Judging by the general feeling in ths forum, it will be worth the wait.

ordered mine 11 March - and have been told it will be built next week. if that's true, that works out to 4 1/2 months, which beats almost all predictions on this forum and by Skoda.

Divine intervention? :)

i spoke too soon!! just had an email saying build week is 15 Aug (which is what it was originally).

There's got to be a 'divine intervention' joke there somewhere...

Anyway, gives me longer to find the money!

• 3 weeks later...

ordered mine 11 March - and have been told it will be built next week. if that's true, that works out to 4 1/2 months, which beats almost all predictions on this forum and by Skoda.

You've beaten me.

Ordered a 170 Elegance on 21st March. Got a call from the dealer on thursday, "it is down to be built in the first week of october".

Like someone else said in the forum, "there doesn't seem to be a set lead in time, just luck of the draw"

Edited by Gary N Wilson

Ordered a Greenline in Pacific Blue and Gobi Sand leather at the end of wk12 Sat 26 March.

Just been told we have a confirmed build of wk33 Mon 15 Aug and should get it in Sept, don't know when in Sept but some time after they have fitted the removable tow hitch.

We shall have to wait and see.

Dom.

Ordered a Greenline in Pacific Blue and Gobi Sand leather at the end of wk12 Sat 26 March.

Just been told we have a confirmed build of wk33 Mon 15 Aug and should get it in Sept, don't know when in Sept but some time after they have fitted the removable tow hitch.

We shall have to wait and see.

Dom.

Dom, if you haven't already seen it look at the thread on Towbar recoding.

Fred

Dom, if you haven't already seen it look at the thread on Towbar recoding.

Fred

emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Been there and read all, cheers.

In a previous post of mine I quoted an email from our dealer in which he assured us that they use genuine Skoda equipment and include all electronic upgrades including reversing sensors etc.

All I can do is wait and see if he stands by his comment..

Dom.