WRC poll

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whats ok to do to a wrc

Guys my brother has just become the new owner of 100/100 :yes:

words and thoughts have started to float about :smirk:

so...........

what do you guys think is too far playing with a wrc :wonder:

ive put a poll to see what you guys think is ........... shall we say allowed as i cant think of a better word :giggle:

Its not a todo list :rofl: just a list of common mods that pop up on octys ;)

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

It's a bit of a dilemma with the WRC. Although lack of funds helps decide :dull:

So as I see it, there are 3 basic areas

Cosmetics eg Vinyls, exterior mods.

I would like a WRC spoiler but not much else, Splitter but I think I would just rip it off. Happy with 17"spiders.

Might paint the mirrors green as per seen on here.

* still think the vinyls are an integral part of the appearance. Tints getting a bit passe. Rather fit rear side window vents as per Milotec

Mechanical eg Engine Suspension.

I am happy as is, But have a top & bottom Strut brace to fit and later obligatory Rear ARB (sway bar to overseas members) maybe stage 1 remap later.

Interior

I am work in progress. VW MFD1 Satnav fitted with number plate reversing camera ready to link in.

Replaced front speakers. Rear Sub install, see elsewhere, is s/h custom build into wheel well. Just awaiting a suitable amp.

Center armrest and later will retrofit VW Cruise.

Basically anything I do must either not be visible, or it has to be reversible. so the car can be returned to its OEM state.

** and note without the vinyls you dont get a green willy on the side....

Edited by goonybird

Even thought it's reasonably rare and some people would leave it original, I've ticked mods that can be put back in a day/weekend if needs be. I think it's maybe only us that would value it above a normal vRS, the general public don't care. Why not do some sensible mods, enjoy the car and if the time comes to sell, put it back to standard. Perhaps the next owner would appreciate the changes, who knows?

Your brother, (Martyn isn't it?), has to enjoy it day to day and not worry what future owners might want. It's his car now.

yeah mate mart is my brother :smirk:

i think your spot on mate, as cool as they are :thumbup: when it comes to selling if thy dont like what he has done then dont buy it lol :rofl: i dont think it will go as far as butchering anything so its just a case of boxing up oe parts , and if need be just give said box to the new owners when it gets to that :giggle: although if he sales it too soon it wont just be skoda bits in the box ;)

I would think about getting the graphics put back on mine, as it would be back to standard. Who does this? and do you think they would do a deal for 2 cars? if another was intrested in getting it done?

Seeing the comments on wheels, my spiders realy need a re-furb, the paint has had its day. The car body work is gleaming, just the wheels let it down.

I had thought about getting some compomotive Mo6 in white, which, from some of the rally wrc car photos, look the same as what they use, so i think would be in keeping with the wrc cars?

Spider re-furb is the other option i gues.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Matt

Personally if it was mine all I would do is refit the OE WRC decals (yes I know how much they are) but IMO a WRC should have them, otherwise it's just a white vRS.

+ 1, I would just refit the graphics and leave as is :-)

End of the day treat it as any normal car so do what you want to with it! (not ment to sound harsh sorry).

I have with mine, coilovers, wheels, carbonio, remap, poly bushes, strut braces, milotec goodies, ice upgrade etc and i love it to bits.

As for putting any mods back to standard if selling i really wouldnt be to worried about it, cos as i've found after thinking about selling mine, the wrc versions dont really fetch a great deal more than a regular vrs. :)

End of the day treat it as any normal car so do what you want to with it! (not ment to sound harsh sorry).

I have with mine, coilovers, wheels, carbonio, remap, poly bushes, strut braces, milotec goodies, ice upgrade etc and i love it to bits.

As for putting any mods back to standard if selling i really wouldnt be to worried about it, cos as i've found after thinking about selling mine, the wrc versions dont really fetch a great deal more than a regular vrs. :)

Sounds really nice bud :yes: have you any pics B)

Guest westallc

it all depends what you wanna do with the car ???

it really is a vrs in white wich they called a wrc lol

get a map on it and exhaust and then enjoy it

the problem with this one with no graphics means it will just look like a police car and nothing else :rofl:

since getting my vrs the first time i have always wanted a wrc octy. in my opinion i would deffinitely have the wrc graphics all over it as other wise its just a white octy.

as for mods, i know i couldn't have a standard wrc octy, thats for sure. its a wrc and i think you should have something special under the bonnet to make it stand out over the other normal vrs octy's.

do what you want to it. its yours and its your decision. tough if no body else likes it.

on the other hand. if you had a white ex-cop car, would you get it stickered up? would you modify it? of course you would. its just a white elegance 1.8t right?