Where to buy???

"H"

Hi all,

This is my first post!! Looks like a great site! :thumbup:

I am seriously considering buying a new Fabia 1.9 TDi PD Elegance and would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest where the cheapest place to buy one would be (car supermarket?).

The cheapest I can find thus far is

You'll be lucky to find many dealers that can or will match prices of places like drivethedeal etc. Most dealers wont bother selling a car if it makes them little or no profit as its not worth it unless they are getting near a particualr sales target as their margins are naff all these days (typical 6-7% on Skoda). Drivethedeal etc can offer better deals as they are usually pre reg'd cars and you will be owner no2 on the log book.

Welcome! :D

You'll love the Elegance and I'd probably suggest one of the online places like tins. If you go to a supermarket, make sure that the car is UK spec and comes with the 3 year manufacturer warranty as some of them are sourced from outside the EU and only come with 1 year. Always worth speccing up the one you want and going to the dealer though as they may be able to offer your other things to get your custom, eg cut-price first service, etc which may be more valuable to you :D

Chris

Hi all,

This is my first post!! Looks like a great site! :thumbup:

I am seriously considering buying a new Fabia 1.9 TDi PD Elegance and would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest where the cheapest place to buy one would be (car supermarket?).

The cheapest I can find thus far is

You'll be lucky to find many dealers that can or will match prices of places like drivethedeal etc. Most dealers wont bother selling a car if it makes them little or no profit as its not worth it unless they are getting near a particualr sales target as their margins are naff all these days (typical 6-7% on Skoda). Drivethedeal etc can offer better deals as they are usually pre reg'd cars and you will be owner no2 on the log book.

I saved 9% through Drivethedeal. No real difference ordering through them as they just pass your order to a Skoda main dealer. My car will not be pre-registered ... I willl be the first registered keeper. I saved an additional

When I was looking to buy, Tins offered the best deal on a standard Furby vRS, and offer identical services to DTD and a normal dealer I believe - UK-sourced car, 3yr warranty/AA cover, you as the 1st owner, taxed and delivered.

I didn't end up using them in the end, as I found a used example that suited me fine, but I would have had no hesitation in using Tins.

Good luck with you choice :)

Steve

Thank you all for the responses :thumbup: . It looks like drive the deal may be getting my business.

To be honest I have narrowed my choice of new car down to the Fabia or a Seat Ibiza. I test drove the Fabia the other day and loved it, that 1.9 engine is just out of this world! There were a few niggles however, namely:

The heater/air con seemed to have a mind of its own.

The front windscreen glass seemed to give a bluring/magnifying effect- most strange.

I kept catching my left shoe on the centre consol cowling when lifting my foot off the clutch.

Before I commit myself are there any other issues/niggles with the car I should be aware of? My remit for a car is longevity and economy - so something that won't rust and will go on for ever (not asking much eh! :rolleyes: ). Have there been any issues with rust at all.

Very grateful for any guidance :)