Can I Cant I?

Scotydog775

Ok i want to know if some of this is possible with my spec etc.

i have '10 VRS TDI hatch

DSG

Sat Nav

Maxidot

Bluetooth

MDI

Can i turn on \ use with the help of VCDS?

Coming home lights (external lights on when unlock etc)

Cornering Fogs

Emergency Braking Hazards

Any other cool\useful stuff that i may want.....

And if so is there any helpful VCDS owner in the Barnsley\Donny\Rotherham area who could sort it out in exchange for a few milkybar tokens? :)

1)Coming Home / Leaving Home: Depends whether you have auto lights and the auto dimming rear view mirror. If the answers is yes you can have automatic lights when you lock and unlock the car. If the answer is no, you can have manually operated coming home lights, which stay on for a period of time after you open the car door. In manual mode, you need to leave the light switch in the Headlights postion and flash your headlights before you get out of the car. Leaving Home lights that come on when you unlock the car cannot be switched on without the auto lights and auto dimming mirror. The time lights are on is configurable in VCDS too.

2) Cornering Fogs / Adaptive Fogs: Yes - 2 modes available, one operated purely by turning the steering wheel and a second mode where the lights will also operate if you indicate or engage reverse gear (both fogs light up in reverse).

3) Emergency Breaking Lights: Yes - 2 modes available, auto brake light flash or auto hazard light flash,

4) Other useful things are:

Auto locking where the car locks itself when you go over 10mph and doesn't unlock unless you take the key out of the ignition. Car will automatically unlock if you crash or one of the internal door handles is pulled twice in rapid succession.

Can also enable /disable locking beeps when you arm / disarm the alarm.

Remote unlock operation: Open all doors when you press the unlock button, or just the drivers door and a second click is required to unlock the rest.

I'm sure there are more but these are the main ones I can think of at the moment,

1. not got auto lights so probably not that useful for me then as it seems a little of a faff for not a lot of gain i guess its more useful when leaving home than coming back.

2 would go with option 2 and have steering indicator and reversing.

3. would go with the hazards

can the car do the thing you see on audis etc where the headlight on the side you are indicating dims while you are indicating?

think the rest of the stuff you mentioned i can do with the maxidot stuff or is stuff thats on already and want to keep on!

anyone else got any stuff they have turned on \ discovered that they have found useful?

know of anyone in my area that could do it for me?

can the car do the thing you see on audis etc where the headlight on the side you are indicating dims while you are indicating?

That might be possible with the DRLs but this depends on the module and coding setup. If you're in question post the complete Auto-Scan from VCDS.

anyone else got any stuff they have turned on \ discovered that they have found useful?

Most of the Golf platform stuff here should apply:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553-VCDS-MKVI-MK6-Platform-Handy-Coding-tweaks

If you have someone change coding for you make sure you get a copy of the original and final Auto-Scans. If you have a problem after tinkering it's a lot better when the original configuration can be restored ;)