Which petrol engine?

kprida77

Yet another Yeti question. I'm struggling when it comes to the choice of engine in a Yeti. Head says 1.2, heart says 1.8. I've driven the 1.8 in a superb and was impressed by it. Admittedly I've not had a go in the 1.2 yet, but seeing the number of people on here with the 1.2 did you try the 1.8? If so why did you chose the 1.2? MPG? I do a reasonable amount of dual carriage way driving, would the 1.2 be a bit tiring? Looking to get a test drive very shortly, any opinions on the two engines gratefully received.

Ta.

If 4x4 is not important, then what about the middle ground; 1.4TSI :wonder:

TP

Ah yes, the forgotten engine, does anyone actually bother with it?

Oh yes, me!! :thumbup: Its actually a very good unit, very tractable, with acceptable economy. I drive mine fairly briskly and its not too bad on fuel. Get it warm and its okay for arond the 30 mark round town. On a run around legal limit its doing 38/39 at the moment. ( still loosening up, 2600 miles so far.)

I particularly like the lag free nature of the power delivery, it really helps the handling when you can power out of a corner, even at very low revs, virtually lag free on this one.

I love that its so smooth and really quiet, it just gets on with the job in hand.

No sexy figures for this one, just solid, decent performance. B)

For those who want more out of it, you'll have to wait, if you get the same ecu as mine, as mine currently can't be remapped.(A solution is being worked on though.)

Ah yes, the forgotten engine, does anyone actually bother with it?

Oh yes, me!! :thumbup: Its actually a very good unit, very tractable, with acceptable economy. I drive mine fairly briskly and its not too bad on fuel. Get it warm and its okay for arond the 30 mark round town. On a run around legal limit its doing 38/39 at the moment. ( still loosening up, 2600 miles so far.)

I particularly like the lag free nature of the power delivery, it really helps the handling when you can power out of a corner, even at very low revs, virtually lag free on this one.

I love that its so smooth and really quiet, it just gets on with the job in hand.

No sexy figures for this one, just solid, decent performance. B)

For those who want more out of it, you'll have to wait, if you get the same ecu as mine, as mine currently can't be remapped.(A solution is being worked on though.)

I can vouch for the 1.4TSi since it is in my Octavia, a very smooth, refined and torquey unit with good economy & low emmisions. Wanting DSG again, my biggest worry in going for the Yeti 1.2TSi was if it would live up to my 1.4TSi. Those worries have long been dispelled following all of the positive comments from owners of the small engined Yeti on this forum, some with decent mileages under their belts. All petrol TSi's, regardless of capacity, seem to have a diesel-like torque in low and mid range. It is this which makes them so satisfying in day to day use and so very different from the normally aspirated petrol engines.