Octavia VRS Chipping (non mod)

JezvRS

Hi guys and gals...I am contemplating getting my VRS chipped. My 05 VRS comes with standard factory fittings and I have not attempted to Mod nor will I....apart from maybe painting the grill black which looks kinda groovy. And I would be tempted to put on 18inch alloys, although I can't really justify it as I'm more than satisfied with the bog standard 17" ones.

My question is, would you bother with the chipping? I like the sound of unleashing the power and also superchip reckons it can save you fuel (depending on how you drive). Has anyone out there in the same boat done a sneaky chip?

I appreciate there could be an implication on insurance and admittedly I am a named driver on my girlfriends insurance with Sheila's Wheels! Lol. Well at less than £200 per year...wouldn't you? :giggle:

Wow, that sounds almost like insurance fraud. You might want to be careful what you post on a public forum and rephrase the last sentence.

If you do go ahead with the mod, it'll be the best bang-for-buck change you'll ever make and there is no reason why (with a light foot) the extra power shouldn't get you a few more miles from a tank.. but don't expect miracles!

Wow, that sounds almost like insurance fraud. You might want to be careful what you post on a public forum and rephrase the last sentence.

If you do go ahead with the mod, it'll be the best bang-for-buck change you'll ever make and there is no reason why (with a light foot) the extra power shouldn't get you a few more miles from a tank.. but don't expect miracles!

Relax uncleRic...I know where you are coming from. Its my girlfriends car, its all in her name. She paid for it and have use of it providing I do all the servicing etc. Thats all above board isn't it? Its her means to get to work. I contribute by paying for things such as new tyres...and possible chipping etc. Thanks for the advice.

where are you located? There might be a better place local to you that can do the remap. It's well worth doing.

Hertfordshire...I see theres a superchip company in St Albans. Can you recommend alternative company? Many thanks.

Edited by JezvRS

i keep thinking about it and erm not bothered about mpg i'm based in leeds w yorks but not sure who's good?????

awesome can do it on a saturday but no roller time????? is it so important???????????????

Impressive.

+1 for R-tech

Having driven a standard VRS, our Elegance 1.8t (which remaps to the same as a remapped VRS) felt FAR more powerful.

Since the remap we've done over 20,000 miles without problem, no failed coil packs or MAFs or anything else.

MPG seems the same, 33 mixed, 38 at a steady 75/80 mph

Cost £240...(£200 plus £40 fuel cost....they come to you)

I think it's now £250 plus the fuel

Jez & Dean, you are both pretty close to R-Tech, they are in Hinckley, Leicester

http://www.r-techpower.co.uk/

Edited by Jonathan_1.8T

never used or heard from them????

you have now :thumbup:

Google them if you want reassurance.....all glowing reviews, not just mine.

Friendly helpful guys, they check your car first for any pre-existing issues, also they clean your throttle body for you,all included in the price.

Then they make sure it's all A1 before they go.

yup google them and try to find a bad review. Nick who owns it is a genius. He's now developed launch control for the 1.8t. They have quite a few videos on YouTube. I was up there last week, he gets customers from as far a field as Scotland.

I think he charges £250 all in including rolling road runs, which is the best way of making sure the car is running 100%.

Unlike most tuners he rights his own maps which have been tried and tested.

yup google them and try to find a bad review. Nick who owns it is a genius. He's now developed launch control for the 1.8t. They have quite a few videos on YouTube. I was up there last week, he gets customers from as far a field as Scotland.

I think he charges £250 all in including rolling road runs, which is the best way of making sure the car is running 100%.

Unlike most tuners he rights his own maps which have been tried and tested.

is the site down? all I'm getting is a server invalid error..... that location would be so sweet as I have family there...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd listen to sivrs if I was you and also have a look at this group buy from Shark at the moment, if we get up to 30 people we'll all get a free STS, if you get the STS you don't have to go anywhere to get the shark mod and can return it to normal any time you feel like it for services etc!

Click Here