Fabia MkII Vrs and the i-pod

I have loaded a few Albums on my i-pod and have connected it to the MDi using a genuine Skoda i-pod connector

I cannot seem to get the Albums displayed on the radio ( Media Button) it seems just to play tracks at random, shuffle button not used.

I've trawled the radio handbook but to no avail. I can't play an album I what, only what the radio wants to play..............Anyone??

Thanks ( it's an early model i-pod )

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Top Man, I'll give it a go later

Thanks

Beware, I found scrolling through artists on the iPod through the MDI horrendously slow. Try and select the artist you are after on the iPod before hand, then plug it into the MDI.

Beware, I found scrolling through artists on the iPod through the MDI horrendously slow. Try and select the artist you are after on the iPod before hand, then plug it into the MDI.

Thanks for that Stu

I've tried all sorts and I still can't select the album I want to listen to, I can select any track I require (1 to 120 ) but I can't select a Album on it's own

I'm beginning to wonder whether it@s the early model -pod I have and perhaps need a modern version

Andy

You have PM.

There maybe differences between how models work, my 120gb Classic has 80gb of mainly lossless music and it's plenty fast enough at navigating through albums and playlists.

Cheers

Lee

I posted this last year in response to a similar question. Might help:

I have the MDI and ipod cable on my elegance - this has the Swing stereo - I'm not sure if this is what you have in the vRS, but I'm guessing it's a similar set-up.

I docked my ipod to my PC and then connected to the MDI. Like you inidcate it seems to head straight to 'SONGS'.

From there you need to press the INFO button so that you can see details such as 'BROWSE' and 'TRACK 01' on the display - rather than the track name.

Press BROWSE

You should now see TOP, UP, etc

If you press TOP it should go to the root directory of the ipod. From here you can use the arrow (or forward button) to toggle thru the folders: PLAYLISTS, ALBUMS, ARTISTS, etc....

When you get the one you want select OPEN or PLAY ALL - e.g. OPEN might get you into an artist's folder (if you chose ARTISTS) and then you can toggle thru their albums and select PLAY when you get to the one you want.

I hope this helps - it might not be 100% accurate (it's from memory), but should give a good idea of what to do. One tip - don't try it when on the move - it can be pretty distracting until you get the hang of navigating the menus!

Cheers