Got one- remap- 15/05/2011

s_matt

Evening all after spending what seems like for ever trying to find one i finally now own a VRS, although not my preferred colour (black) but the red is growing on me. The car will be used as a daily driver so when i am working will be covering 30 miles a day, i have already started to think of a few things that i need to do such as wheels, handling, more power etc but all still trying to keep some sort of comfort.

My main issue with the car so far is that the front passenger door handle/lock seems to stick and i need to press the unlock button 3 times to unlock that door (the rest seem to all be open after the second press) does any one else have this issue??

Apart from that all seems good and i am loving the 50ish mpg when doing 80 ish on the drive back from wales to didcot, lets see how my ownership goes with my very first diesel!

will update with pics soon....

Edited by s_matt

You've made a good choice mate, you won't be disappointed with the vRS. I haven't had any problems with sticking locks so can't help you with that I'm afraid - if you do a search you might be able to find some info. Get some pics up soon and enjoy the new car.

Evening all after spending what seems like for ever trying to find one i finally now own a VRS, although not my preferred colour (black) but the red is growing on me. The car will be used as a daily driver so when i am working will be covering 30 miles a day, i have already started to think of a few things that i need to do such as wheels, handling, more power etc but all still trying to keep some sort of comfort.

My main issue with the car so far is that the front passenger door handle/lock seems to stick and i need to press the unlock button 3 times to unlock that door (the rest seem to all be open after the second press) does any one else have this issue??

Apart from that all seems good and i am loving the 50ish mpg when doing 80 ish on the drive back from wales to didcot, lets see how my ownership goes with my very first diesel!

will update with pics soon....

WD40 is your friend

National

Well as requested here are a few pictures

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

and a few of the previous motors

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

I decided to purchase some new bulbs and wiper balde from halfords today and treat her to a proper clean!!

Oh and i am book in at browns for some coilovers to be fitted monday :thumbup:

Only difference from me is we had a 205TD from new back in the 1990s so that was nice then. The locks take a bit of getting used to. First mine locks automatically after starting off. Also need to press the fob button harder or twice to unlock and finally there is a unlock button on the drivers side for front passenger which can be used. Bit strange the locking on these.

Only difference from me is we had a 205TD from new back in the 1990s so that was nice then. The locks take a bit of getting used to. First mine locks automatically after starting off. Also need to press the fob button harder or twice to unlock and finally there is a unlock button on the drivers side for front passenger which can be used. Bit strange the locking on these.

yeah i think i am getting used to it, for example i worked out the other day that if i keep hold of the boot release it will actually open the boot. :thumbup:

yeah i think i am getting used to it, for example i worked out the other day that if i keep hold of the boot release it will actually open the boot. :thumbup:

Also right the boot release is a doozy too but after a remap the thing really shifts especially overtaking in 4th just before 2,000 revs about about 45 - 50 mph. Brilliantly useful with trucks etc.

Edited by Newera

Also right the boot release is a doozy too but after a remap the thing really shifts especially overtaking in 4th just before 2,000 revs about about 45 - 50 mph. Brilliantly useful with trucks etc.

mint i am looking forward to a remap, 1st and 2nd are fun at the moment but then you hit 3rd and the power seems to disappear

• 2 weeks later...

well a few weeks ago i got browns motor sport to fit the vmaxx coilovers and this is how she sits, i know it could be lower but its a daily drive on some very shocking country roads...

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

now the future plans are as follows;

Wheels

Tyres

Exhaust

Windows

Ariel

Splitter

Re-map

all in no paticular order but the map and exhaust will be done at the same time, there will probably other idea i come up with during this time. Its not going to be done too quickly as money wont allow this, i am very much looking forward to teh exhaust and map though :-)

Far too high

surely any lower and i risk smashing things underneath

I remember your tsport from toyota owners

Awesome cars!! I will own another 1 day

i miss mine loads i regret selling it :-(

Guest BigJase88

Yeah ill have a compressor one day cheap as chips

Must be the best sounding n/a 1.8 on the planet

Sounds far better than vtec!!

Yeah ill have a compressor one day cheap as chips

Must be the best sounding n/a 1.8 on the planet

Sounds far better than vtec!!

well then just for you....

th_Rolla1.jpg

ps this is not a illegal as its a national speed limit road and i do not break the limit :thumbup:

Lower looks good, but not that practical on most roads :(

Image0471.jpg

i am still in two in minds, did you constantly scrap yours??

UPDATE

After the weekend it now seems as if my grill is completely black :thumbup: and the car as now stollen more money from me after having a cam belt service but at least i know its done now

fab.jpg

Hmmmm...... Looks familiar....... Mine has black light surrounds though, and the picture's taken with a crap phone camera ;)

d0f3532ffa15b6dba2711ad7c9096a2068e6f77.jpg

looks good, is the light thing an easy mod?