My New Furby :D

Lee Thomas

Hey guys and gals! Just put a deposit down on my new Fabia VRS which I'm picking up next Sunday.

It's a red VRS with 63k on the clock on a 53 plate and the best part is the full leather interior! Here's some pics the guy has sent me:

TheFurby1.png

TheFurby3.png

TheFurby7.png

TheFurby9.png

And the best part of the car lol:

TheFurby11.png

It also comes with a full VRS spare and I won a PD160 intake on ebay earlier for £25. Plans will be a remap asap and then colour coding and other small bits. I cant wait to pick it up and join team boost!

Edited by Lee Thomas

Many thanks, just a quick one, does the mileage seem worryingly low for this age a car? Every other VRS I looked at were all 100k+! Plus did this age car come with the leather as an optional extra or have the been retrofitted? Cheers

If you're worried re the mileage just ask to see the service history and previous MOT certificates etc, that should verify it all with a bit of luck.

Looks like leather from a a vRS SE to me - blue piping. Tell-tale will be if the seats are numbered just under the vRS logo.

Looks tidy though :)

Many thanks, just a quick one, does the mileage seem worryingly low for this age a car? Every other VRS I looked at were all 100k+! Plus did this age car come with the leather as an optional extra or have the been retrofitted? Cheers

I bought a silver vrs Fabia, 2004 04 plate, last month, with 36,000 (genuine) miles on the clock, I wouldn't say that 63k is worryingly low :)

When I was looking to buy this car, I looked on Pistonheads, refined the search to within a short driving distance of where I live and I couldn't find a single unmodified car under 100k either, so I understand where your coming from, Ive always been told if its too good to be true it probably is. I think however It was an exception to the rule :)

Welcome to the site btw!!

Not bad for £25 whether it does something or not!

That looks a good bargin. SEAT want over 3 times the price for a new one. I believe £80-90 new. :o

Just an update from an Ex Fabia MK1 vRS owner, on your leather seats.

Leather was not an option on this car, till the SE came out & it was standard, so to get round the horrible coloured seats there was a very popular group buy with Seat Surgeons, who recovered the seats & door cards for around £800 ( your choice of leather & piping ), so there is a very good chance that it is one of those - You will be able to tell when you pick up the car by checking if the door cards are leather or the original fabric also the current owner should be able to verify.

Only other possibility is that these have been taken from an SE & put in. Regardless of how you got the leather - a good purchase emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by lfc958

Just an update from an Ex Fabia MK1 vRS owner, on your leather seats.

Leather was not an option on this car, till the SE came out & it was standard, so to get round the horrible coloured seats there was a very popular group buy with Seat Surgeons, who recovered the seats & door cards for around £800 ( your choice of leather & piping ), so there is a very good chance that it is one of those - You will be able to tell when you pick up the car by checking if the door cards are leather or the original fabric also the current owner should be able to verify.

Only other possibility is that these have been taken from an SE & put in. Regardless of how you got the leather - a good purchase emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Leather certainly was an option (albeit rather expensive at £1250), but it was available as a dealer-fit option from around 2004 if I remember correctly.

Cheers Antix lad, you cross forum stalker lol

Ironically I have spotted 4 ex-206info members on Brisky so far :rofl:

And I might have lined-up a vRS for me, towards the end of this year :)