clutch advise

See the post from Mike Holroyd about his conversion to a Single Mass Flywheel.

At 100K you will need to replace flywheel and clutch, no point just putting a new clutch on to a 100K Dual Mass Flywheel as you can almost guarantee the flywheel will fail at some point, especially with the new clutch on there.

Much cheaper to go the SMF route and then no worries about flywheel failure going forward.

Forgot to ask, where are you in the UK? I know a garage in the Chesterfield area that will do a DMF Flywheel and clutch for about £750 using genuine VAG parts.

Edited by andyvee

Been lookin into smf ones. Some recomend em some don't. And I'm in leeds area so chesterfield not to far away. Which garage is it I got fairly good knowledge round there ??

PMd you details

Not sure if he will do a SMF, but they have done plenty of DMFs in Audi's VW and Skoda diesels.

Go for the single system its only £250 I had mine done 85,000 miles ago

If its a taxi you can get around 50% off fitting from a main dealer but ask first

Edited by skippy41