Superb seat

Chubbs

......leg!

I'm having problems with the driver's seat in my Superb Combi - it causes great discomfort to my right thigh - hence reason for sale on classifieds. Having sat in the front passenger's seat the discomfort goes away.

Having looked at the physical design of the seat they appear, on the face of it, to be identical.

Question is - is it possible to physically remove the front seats from their plastic base surround (mine is the elegance spec with the plastic surround holding the buttons for the memeory seats) and swap them over?

I phoned local Skoda dealers (DM Keith) and they are uninterested in helping or advising.

Any feedback would be greatfully received.

Took me a while to get a comfortable seating position and 15 monthss after taking delivery I am still tweaking the controls. The great thing is that with the memory buttons you can always return to the previous setting if a minor adjustment is unsuitable.I am at the point now where 3-4 hours are in comfort, then it requires a stretch of the legs...

Hi,

Maybe you already tried this, but before any drastic action I would visit and follow the Driving Ergonomics advice from Loughborough University.

http://drivingergonomics.lboro.ac.uk/index.html

It's been very useful in dealing with this in the experience of many in just the best way to find your ideal seating position.

It doesn't always work to be honest, for example, I was completely unable to get a seating position that I found acceptable in a BMW 1 series, horrid little car.

it took me an awfull lot of fiddling to get the position right, and now I have its memorised and saved against my key.

There are a lot of adjustments to play with, and you will find something eventually.

Lumbar in/out and up/down.

Seat back recline

Seat base tilt and height

Steering wheel in/out and up/down.

Keep trying and I am sure you'll find something. Right thigh suggests you are possibly either sitting to far away from the pedals or the front of the seat base is too high.

The seat base covers themselves have different part numbers, although the seat bases (the foam bits) are the same on both sides, so that suggests that it would take some serious dismantling of the seats to allow the bases to be swapped.

Edited by Superbalicious

The seat base covers themselves have different part numbers, although the seat bases (the foam bits) are the same on both sides, so that suggests that it would take some serious dismantling of the seats to allow the bases to be swapped.

From someone who is a professional driver, I would go and and have someone have a very close look at your back. This is a very common problem and the leg pain is indicative of a back issue. I am not a doctor but have seen drivers suffer this very symptom and they always had a back issue when it was investigated.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I read the previous threads re seating positions and have played with numerous and small differences. I found a seating position that is more comfrtable but I do have a back problem and it would appear it's raised its head again and it maybe more me than the car :(

Thanks for the prompt replies. I read the previous threads re seating positions and have played with numerous and small differences. I found a seating position that is more comfrtable but I do have a back problem and it would appear it's raised its head again and it maybe more me than the car :(

I think the main problem here is that the seat cushion seems to be slightly narrower that that of the first Superb, maybe if they would make it wider it be a great help as you are probably sitting on the upturned edge which does not have much padding and below that edge is the stiff plastic panel that houses the electrical controls. It was one of the first things that struck me when I opened the drivers door was just how far away from the doorway the drivers seat actually is, seems to more then on most cars?

Graham

It is not unusual for it to be a temporary issue so don't despair. I sold a car because of this issue and for a time I could not drive a truck for more than an hour but it went away over a period of time with no treatment. Moving the lumbar support may assist as well.

It is not unusual for it to be a temporary issue so don't despair. I sold a car because of this issue and for a time I could not drive a truck for more than an hour but it went away over a period of time with no treatment. Moving the lumbar support may assist as well.

I agree and that's why I've persevered for the last 7000 miles!