Pricing on a new v6 during march

skotl

Hi all

Apologies to those who bought a petrol superb prior to the current (allegedly vat free) offer but I wondered what you thought a reasonable price for a V6 would be.

RRP for a base elegance (to which I'd add a bunch of extras) would be around 30,500 (3.6l estate). Drop the vat and we're around 25k.

This is *not* a car that's going to be in huge demand on the second hand Market...

So I'm thinking of going in with a floor of around £23k. What do you think? Do please bear in mind that with zero negotiation, I could walk out with a deal at £25k...

Actually, I saw a 2010 3.6 on auto trader at £26k.. :-(

A lot of the franchised dealers appear reluctant to budge on price, so don't be surprised if they offer you no discount or a minimal one and say take it or leave it.

My advice would be to spec the car on the internet, take prints of the quote(s) and ask them to price match or closest they can get. If they refuse to do that, then order via one of the internet firms. I used Carfile for my last car and have ordered my Superb through them and they have been excellent each time. If you want a contact there then pm me.

Good luck!

Chris

A lot of the franchised dealers appear reluctant to budge on price, so don't be surprised if they offer you no discount or a minimal one and say take it or leave it.

My advice would be to spec the car on the internet, take prints of the quote(s) and ask them to price match or closest they can get. If they refuse to do that, then order via one of the internet firms. I used Carfile for my last car and have ordered my Superb through them and they have been excellent each time. If you want a contact there then pm me.

Good luck!

Chris

Good advice - thanks Chris

My advice would be to spec the car on the internet, take prints of the quote(s) and ask them to price match or closest they can get. If they refuse to do that, then order via one of the internet firms.

Good luck!

Chris

Hi Skoti

This is basically what I did.

Went on Drive the Deal, specced up car as I wanted, then off to visit James at Allams,he has a good reputation on here and I like to deal with a real person, if you have a problem later a good sales person MAY be helpful. We negotiated a price we were both happy with (PX always adds to the confusion, but provided your are realistic about your PX you will not be upset at the first offer).

I enjoy a good haggle when buying a new car, just don't appear too keen and be prepared to walk away, but also remember a garage is there to make money, it is easy to hear from people who got a better deal (on the internet everyone is the best at everything) but so long as YOU are happy with deal, thats all that matters.

Good luck with your ordering and your wait afterwards, I am told mine will be ready wk 15, not to bad and much quicker then the diesel, but then the V6 is much quicker then the diesel :devil: !

I agree with James, don't know the list price of the car you have in mind, but a discount of around 10% on top of any manufacturer incentive should be achievable.

Ok - but that plays into my thoughts. A 26k car after the 20% "vat" discount, minus 10%, is 23.4k which is probably my target.

Thanks, also, for the advice re Internet sales; I'll definitely do that.

Cheers

Scott

The other thing that occurs to me is that this is a good deal for people looking to buy today, but is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who bought last year. Auto trader has a one year old v6 on at 26k which is more than you can buy a brand new one for, right now.