Fabia 1.2TSI DSG Estate MPG

wombat 1

I finally got my Fabia TSI after a 6 month wait. However, my consumtion is nowhere near the overall figure of 53 MPG given in the brochure.

I have done several 90 mile runs which involve 70 miles of motorway with cruise set at 72 MPH, then 20 miles of A & B roads and my best is 41 MPG.

I have been driving gently in Auto mode with no ranting of the throttle. I posted a query on Skoda's website and they rang me suggesting

returning to the Dealer for a Diagnostic check so I will try this soon. Does anyone else have any figures ?

My 1.2 tsi would get into the 50's on a long run but im quite light footed. Around town it would drop like a stone most of the time to low 40's. Try using different petrol. My tsi responded better on Tesco 99ron fuel where mid 40's round town was fairly easy.

Like a wine, your fuel consumption will improve with age and mileage. There has been masses of discussion on fuel consumption with the new diesels not returning the brouchure figures. I manage to get upto 62 mpg instead of the quoted 67 for my CR tdi.

I imagine the DSG saps the juice as well being an automatic as such. But the fuel consumption does improve.

Great car. Enjoying mine

Maintaining low 70s on the motorway I get 43-44mpg now at 5k miles. Initially it was 39ish. Steady flowing A roads @ 50-60mph delivers well into the 50s mpg. Twisty spirited B roads typically low 40s. Slow town driving drops it into the 30s as does maintaining 80mph+.

My 1.2 tsi would get into the 50's on a long run but im quite light footed. Around town it would drop like a stone most of the time to low 40's. Try using different petrol. My tsi responded better on Tesco 99ron fuel where mid 40's round town was fairly easy.

I have also been very lightfooted, I haven't exploited the performance at all yet. Hence my disappointment.

Skoda got back to me suggesting that I take it to the Dealer to check the mapping so I will do that.

I imagine the DSG saps the juice as well being an automatic as such.

Great car. Enjoying mine

Shouldn't do, the DSG has a little bit less mpg than the manual on the urban cycle but beats the manual on the extra urban figure. The combined mpg figure for the manual and DSG is the same.

The DSG 7 speed is basically a dry clutch manual so has no losses like a torque convertor conventional auto would have. The DSG does have to drive a small hydraulic pump for the actuators but the consumption for this is negligable.

Cheers

Lee

The small TSi engines suffer from poor MPG whilst they are bedding in, they get much better with a few miles under the belt. This has been discussed in other threads. My Dad has a 1.4 TFSi 125 DSG Audi A3 S-Line and that only just broke 30mpg when new, now nearly 8k later its averaging 38 and rising. Nothing wrong with your car so dont worry.