HVAC Recirculate setting

Sumain

And now back OT: pressed the resurculation button tonIght and then the Auto by pressing it again. Windscreen steamed up and I pressed the left most windscreen demist button and low and behold the resurculation button goes out and did not switch back on again when I switched the windscreen demist off. So that explains why mine had not been permanently on like Mike's.

Terfyn,

I think Stan was being sarcastic! :giggle:

How do you know there isn't a little man in there?

Llanigraham,

Thanks for your support, Terfyn scares me, you know he has to shoulder a great burden of knowledge and he has also worked in an old salt mine. So if there is a little man under the Yeti bonnet or should I say hood (That`s what they call it in the US ), you can be certain he knows what a gas analyser does!!

I scare myself sometimes. We don't do salt mines in the gas industry - we do salt cavities. Not that far away from your good self - hope they work!:giggle:

I think the Auto Recirc is worked by gremlins with big noses especially if they can smell out Graham's sewage works.

The only time I use the recirc. is when the screen is frosted up. Fan heater in the car, screen on full demist and recirc to pull the hot air from the fan onto the window. It usually takes a minute for the frost to start melting and about 3-4 minutes for the screen to be usable.

Edited by Terfyn

Terfyn,

I think Stan was being sarcastic! :giggle:

How do you know there isn't a little man in there?

little men?? are you sure they're not baby sasquatches? :giggle:

I scare myself sometimes. We don't do salt mines in the gas industry - we do salt cavities. Not that far away from your good self - hope they work!:giggle:

I think the Auto Recirc is worked by gremlins with big noses especially if they can smell out Graham's sewage works.

The only time I use the recirc. is when the screen is frosted up. Fan heater in the car, screen on full demist and recirc to pull the hot air from the fan onto the window. It usually takes a minute for the frost to start melting and about 3-4 minutes for the screen to be usable.

Erm! "Salt Cavities" (your quote) are caverns left over from worked out salt mines, I know, I live 14 miles from the largest salt mine in the UK. You should check this article out which refers to natural gas storage in the USA:- http://www.articlealley.com/article_226908_22.html

However, getting back on topic,I think you should contact Skoda`s good ideas department, fan heaters in cars should be in the manual, what an inspired idea!!

Erm! "Salt Cavities" (your quote) are caverns left over from worked out salt mines, I know, I live 14 miles from the largest salt mine in the UK. You should check this article out which refers to natural gas storage in the USA:- http://www.articleal..._226908_22.html

However, getting back on topic,I think you should contact Skoda`s good ideas department, fan heaters in cars should be in the manual, what an inspired idea!!

I guess that the salt mine is the one at Winsford.

You could not be more wrong - in this country we do not use salt mines - too many holes. We use leached salt cavities as created by ICI to recover brine directly from a deep salt layer. If you want to know the detail see my paper (and others) presented to the Inst of Gas Engineers. PM me should you ever want details of undergound gas storage. A very interesting subject - whatever turns me on :rofl:

The fan idea works for me, although I got a lot of criticism when I suggested it in this forum some months ago. It seems that, although the Yeti is parked outside, I am the only owner with a mains supply close enough to use my 60 ft extension lead to the fan heater. Any safe supply of warm air inside the car will be drawn into the windscreen vents when the set up is in Recirc mode. It also warms up the interior and it defrosts the screen without the use of hot water or chemicals.

The diesels do take such a long time to warm up, they are virtually useless to clear a frosted screen. An in line water heater in the radiator system would solve the problem but is expensive. The fan heater is the next best thing IMO.

I guess that the salt mine is the one at Winsford.

You could not be more wrong - in this country we do not use salt mines - too many holes. We use leached salt cavities as created by ICI to recover brine directly from a deep salt layer. If you want to know the detail see my paper (and others) presented to the Inst of Gas Engineers. PM me should you ever want details of undergound gas storage. A very interesting subject - whatever turns me on :rofl:

The fan idea works for me, although I got a lot of criticism when I suggested it in this forum some months ago. It seems that, although the Yeti is parked outside, I am the only owner with a mains supply close enough to use my 60 ft extension lead to the fan heater. Any safe supply of warm air inside the car will be drawn into the windscreen vents when the set up is in Recirc mode. It also warms up the interior and it defrosts the screen without the use of hot water or chemicals.

The diesels do take such a long time to warm up, they are virtually useless to clear a frosted screen. An in line water heater in the radiator system would solve the problem but is expensive. The fan heater is the next best thing IMO.

Erm!! I think your "Paper" has a big brown smudge on it, follow the link in my previous post and it clearly states that natural gas is stored in "Old Salt Mines" in the US. Also you ought to contact Danny Fortson at "The Times" and put him right, he seems to think differently. Check this link:- http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/natural_resources/article6936263.ece

As far as putting a fan heater inside a motor vehicle is concerned you must be seriously deranged, with over 35 Years as a Fire Officer I would urge anybody who thinks that it is a good idea to think again!! and not follow your dangerous example. :thumbdown:

Erm!! I think your "Paper" has a big brown smudge on it, follow the link in my previous post and it clearly states that natural gas is stored in "Old Salt Mines" in the US. Also you ought to contact Danny Fortson at "The Times" and put him right, he seems to think differently. Check this link:- http://business.time...icle6936263.ece

As far as putting a fan heater inside a motor vehicle is concerned you must be seriously deranged, with over 35 Years as a Fire Officer I would urge anybody who thinks that it is a good idea to think again!! and not follow your dangerous example. :thumbdown:

I have seen some arrogant replies in my time but this takes top prize.

To quote from this article, which, I might add is incorrect in its detail (ICI uses fresh water to dissolve the salt, cushion gas is gas not liquid and the cavity at Holford is stable at atmospheric pressure):-

To make them ready for gas storage, the mines are flushed with millions of gallons of seawater. The water dissolves the walls and rough edges to create a more stable dome or cylinder-type structure. Once the water is pumped out, the cavern is immediately filled with compressed liquid “cushion gas†to about 20% to 30% capacity to keep the walls from caving in. The rest can be filled and emptied as required.

These are not MINED cavities, they are leached, using water, In the salt layer itself. No miner has ever been near a leached cavity. they would not fit doen the 10" drill hole.

I was careful to say that leached cavities are used in this country. I understand there is a mined cavity in the US.

As I was involved in the salt storage projects for a number of years I am aware of the background.

As for your comments about the fan heater, again you demonstrate the blinkered thinking that besets some people.

Do you seriously think this heater was located in a place where it might ignite fabric inside the footwell?

Do you seriously think the heater would be left unattended. even for a moment?

Again a simple effective idea is condemned by this classic blinkered approach. ( i call it the Conker syndrome)

Reply if you wish. I find no benefit in continuing this line of argument with someone who is not well informed about the British gas industry.

However, getting back on topic,I think you should contact Skoda`s good ideas department, fan heaters in cars should be in the manual, what an inspired idea!! (26th Feb)

As far as putting a fan heater inside a motor vehicle is concerned you must be seriously deranged, with over 35 Years as a Fire Officer I would urge anybody who thinks that it is a good idea to think again!! and not follow your dangerous example. (27th Feb)

Do make your mind up. Is it inspired or is it dangerous? As a "Fire Officer" of 35 years, you don't seem to have much idea.

Edited by Terfyn

I have seen some arrogant replies in my time but this takes top prize.

To quote from this article, which, I might add is incorrect in its detail (ICI uses fresh water to dissolve the salt, cushion gas is gas not liquid and the cavity at Holford is stable at atmospheric pressure):-

To make them ready for gas storage, the mines are flushed with millions of gallons of seawater. The water dissolves the walls and rough edges to create a more stable dome or cylinder-type structure. Once the water is pumped out, the cavern is immediately filled with compressed liquid “cushion gas†to about 20% to 30% capacity to keep the walls from caving in. The rest can be filled and emptied as required.

These are not MINED cavities, they are leached, using water, In the salt layer itself. No miner has ever been near a leached cavity. they would not fit doen the 10" drill hole.

I was careful to say that leached cavities are used in this country. I understand there is a mined cavity in the US.

As I was involved in the salt storage projects for a number of years I am aware of the background.

As for your comments about the fan heater, again you demonstrate the blinkered thinking that besets some people.

Do you seriously think this heater was located in a place where it might ignite fabric inside the footwell?

Do you seriously think the heater would be left unattended. even for a moment?

Again a simple effective idea is condemned by this classic blinkered approach. ( i call it the Conker syndrome)

Reply if you wish. I find no benefit in continuing this line of argument with someone who is not well informed about the British gas industry.

Do make your mind up. Is it inspired or is it dangerous? As a "Fire Officer" of 35 years, you don't seem to have much idea.

Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium

Lets call a truce, I surrender to a superior intellect, you think I am arrogant and I think you are Walter Mitty.