Car mats

Looking to buy a set of tailored mats for the Superb and intend to order befoe I get the car. Looks like some mat manufacturers supply fitting clips for drivers mat, some show clips for drivers and front passengers, and some give the option.

Qhestion is which seats have locations for fixing mats on the floor? - Thanks in anticipation

Qhestion is which seats have locations for fixing mats on the floor? - Thanks in anticipation

Which seats?

The fixings are in the floor 'carpet' (if you can call it that :swear: ) and I assume will only come fitted when they are specced as a factory fit option?

Only the front mats have fixings though.

Looking to buy a set of tailored mats for the Superb and intend to order befoe I get the car. Looks like some mat manufacturers supply fitting clips for drivers mat, some show clips for drivers and front passengers, and some give the option.

Look at this site, excellent quality perfect fit, correct fitting for front mats, rears do not have floor fittings for mats but they can be obtained no need though as mats do not move.

Fittings for mats are standard in the front, they dont look much but are very efective

Fitted in my Combi, I went the whole hog and had my initials and reg no embroidered on the fronts.emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

http://www.simplycar...roidery_options These are the ones for the Superbs.

Ian

Fitted in my Combi, I went the whole hog and had my initials and reg no embroidered on the fronts.emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

http://www.simplycar...roidery_options These are the ones for the Superbs.

Ian

What quality did you go for?

I will be looking to replace my OE mats in the future, but I'm unsure if the Ultra Deluxe will be a bit too thick? do you have any close up pictures of the quality of the carpet pile?

Plus 1, I been looking at these and was thinking of the Super-Deluxe ones with Green piping.

My Factory mats have clips in the rear ones too, SimplyCarMats said thier mats did also.

Edited by Tankdave

Pictures please ;)

I had the super deluxe, Beige with beige edge trim.

Quality seems very good, will try and get pictures this after noon and post. The extra heel pad is fantastic not rubber but a very thick pad the same carpet colour nicely set in.

I did also treat them with the 303 protector spray.

Ian

For fixing the mats you can use Velcro instead buttons. Also I use a custom made dark cherry carpets, for professional use, insulated against water from snow or rain with acrylic coating. Easy to brush and wash when necessary.

Edited by safari hunter

I bought some mats from SimplyCarParts, going for the ultimate quality. I was disappointed with the thickness and am trying to send them back. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They insist that you get a returns number but their website doesn't work in that area and they don't respond to phone calls. I can't find their address.

Eventually I managed to contact their MD by making a sales enquiry and he promised to send me the address. Now he won't and says follow the process on the web site!

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM - buy your mats somewhere else.

I bought some mats from SimplyCarParts, going for the ultimate quality. I was disappointed with the thickness and am trying to send them back. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They insist that you get a returns number but their website doesn't work in that area and they don't respond to phone calls. I can't find their address.

Eventually I managed to contact their MD by making a sales enquiry and he promised to send me the address. Now he won't and says follow the process on the web site!

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM - buy your mats somewhere else.

Have done a search for simplycarparts cannot find them can you give their web address.

As I do a bit of caravanning with 2 kids I replaced the carpet mats with Skoda rubber ones as soon as I got the car. They are a great fit. The fronts lock onto the fittings in the carpet and another set of fittings are supplied so as to keep the rears in place. They are of a very high quality and have slightly upturned edges so as to catch water from your feet. Invaluable in the recent very snowy weather. At cleaning time I just wipe them or power wash them and apply a dashboard dressaing to have them like new. So easy to take in and out you could have them as a 'working' set and put the carpet ones in at other times. (Did the boot with the Skoda rubber one too, about £75 the lot)

I also have a set of genuine Skoda rubber mats, first used in my first MkII and now used in my Combi in bad weather doubt if they will wear out.

I think he meant SimplyCarMats ????

Anyone got the better Skoda ones i.e. the dearer ones?

I thought he meant SimplyCarMats, I did check the other address as the carpet quality was also given wrong.

I had the genuine Skoda carpets in my MkI, and my first MkII that is why I looked for another make of carpet. The genuine ones both wore through due to no heel pad, in a year, perhaps they were not the best quality ones but these wre the only ones the dealer supplied. A set of genuine rubber mats were then obtained, and used for a year these have been retained for use in bad weather in my new Combi. The Super DeLuxe carpets from SimplyCarMats I now use are much thicker and have a large heel pad of the same thickness. I can't complain about the quality for the price, I have just paid £20 more for a tank of diesel.

As I have had no need to contact them regards complaint I cannot comment on their after sales service.

I was going to try this site which looks good as they put black mats in my superb elegance with beige leather & carpets http://www.mrcarmats.com/skoda-superb-2008-current-car-mats.html